Netflix's 'Fuller House' is brilliant

It’s too early for me to be this confused. Perhaps always expecting sarcasm makes it hard to accept that something isn’t sarcasm. I still have no idea of the sincerity level of the OP. FWIW my 11yo likes that show – but there’s a fair amount of stuff that is there to appeal to adults (like the adult character kissing one dude and then another later the same day and being torn about what to do). My advice to the producers (and this is sincere) is to cater to the kids. Give the kids something fun and clean to watch and the adults will watch with them. Give the adults something to watch, and they’ll kick the kids out, turn it off, and watch something that actually appeals to adults.

Donald, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

17 Likes

And that’s why I still loves ya. :wink:

Let us never speak of this again.

10 Likes

Perhaps after you wrap “Saved by the Bell 2: middle age”

11 Likes

Ow, that smarts! What’d I ever do to you?

:wink:

13 Likes

Or one of the buildings in Pushing Daisies

A Bryan Fuller House
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=house+pushing+daisies&view=detailv2&&id=EBBE14CF8FCBBA4896C2E8BF1789042C146E97F2&selectedIndex=177&ccid=jlAaAV6G&simid=608037584706208680&thid=OIP.M8e501a015e86f1c7d258dbc44e881c99o0&ajaxhist=0

Dear sweet baby Cthulhu, why? I can see up to Season 3, but after that it was just a sitcom welfare program for its stars.

I want to take this post out behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

4 Likes

Whaat? Sarah Silverman was easily the best part.

I loved hers a lot but the pure glee Bob seems to have with it just makes it wonderful for me with a close second to Gilbert Gottfried at the end of the movie.

2 Likes

The three words that best describe this show are as follows, and I quote…

Seems Jaleel White was arrested for domestic battery, so we can be spared a Family Matters reboot. Uncle Phil has checked out, so there goes Fresh Prince, and I suspect Kirk Cameron has made himself sufficiently unpopular to count out Growing Pains.

So… Things won’t get any worse, right?

3 Likes

Who’s the Boss?

My Two Dads?

I gave it 15 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back. There is nothing brilliant about bad sitcom writing and laughtracks, in their original or retro forms…

Since his sister, Candace Cameron who shares his similar insane views is literally starring in the show being mentioned here, I wouldn’t go as far as to say that.

1 Like

Small Wonder? Alf? The human, non-clay Mr. Bill Show?

2 Likes

Maybe I was a little out of the age range for Full House, but I do not get the nostalgia train for this show. I guess as squeaky clean family sitcom fare goes, it was well done; I certainly can appreciate that it takes skills to turn out vanilla cream every week with the double-takes and prat falls and mild zingers with appropriate pauses for the canned laughter - for real, I get that there’s an art to doing it well. I get that they did manage to produce a product year after year that appealed to a mass market. Yet, when it was on the air, there was not one thing appealing about it to me.

That Mary Kate and Ashley turned their small fame into media and fashion moguls was the best thing about the show to me.

Thorne created a company, Dualstar, and did something else that no Hollywood producer would do: He made the twins, 7, executive producers.

“Well, they and I cast, hire directors, hire writers and oversee everything they’re doing,” says Thorne. “And there’s no element that we don’t do. Everything is controlled by us.”

Along with the videos, which have generated an astounding $500 million in sales, the girls began to make CDs. It was so successful that Thorne sensed that “tween” consumers, with allowances to burn, would be willing to buy even more.

According to Thorne, there are about 52 categories of entertainment, fashion and lifestyle that are part of the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen line – including clothes, fragrances, cosmetics, shampoos, videos, books, CDs and home furnishings.

1 Like

Nowadays My Two Dads is not particularly unusual enough for a sitcom. At best it would be a reality program or childcare how-to on Bravo or a couple of other niche cable shows

[quote=“SteampunkBanana, post:57, topic:74728”]Since his sister, Candace Cameron who shares his similar insane views is literally starring in the show being mentioned here, I wouldn’t go as far as to say that.[/quote]She does? She’s made much less of a spectacle of herself in that regard. (But then, it would be hard to top him.)

Right, didnt he want us to look at a banana?

He is basically a history channel program on the chupacabra away from obscurity.

1 Like