New House Democrat Rashida Tlaib: 'We're gonna impeach the motherf****r'

Okay, critics, then what’s your answer? What was the “right” thing to say?

And keep in mind, the old rules of business stopped working a loooong time ago. Those, like Pelosi and Schumer, who play the old-school way of “civility” and compromise get mocked, slandered, and steamrollered, accomplishing absolutely nothing. Anyone who dares to put up a fight gets attacked and insulted by an order of magnitude more.

So maybe, just maybe, “the only way not to play” is to state goals and principles openly and honestly from Day One. It’s declaring a refusal to walk the twisted maze the Republicans have laid out for their enemies. It’s making it clear that they will take no shit and give no fucks-- their goal is to win, no matter the obstacles put in the way.

And to my mind, that is exactly what Rashida Tlaib has done by her “impeach the motherfucker” comment.

But then, I would think that way, given how I voted for her, and how very proud I am that she’s my representative. She certainly spoke for me in that moment, expletive and all.

@anon72705028: while it’s sometimes true that

intention can usually be inferred via context. In this case, it wasn’t meant politely. We Detroiters can be rather blunt at times. :wink:

19 Likes