New Jersey police officers probe man's anus in desperate search for marijuana

If you have so little pot on you that searching and searching and searching and probing and probing and probing don’t turn it up, maybe it’s not worth it.

5 Likes

I thought we were talking about 4:20. :thinking:

5 Likes

I can’t imagine the amount of hate these 2 NJ Pooper Troopers have in their hearts such that committing digital anal rape in public on a complete stranger is a “go-to” law enforcement technique.

They must be fired and required to surrender their pensions!

6 Likes

Police are not your friends.

8 Likes

Indeed.
To paraphsae I.F. Stone, “all cops lie!”

3 Likes

Is there some sort of personal history? What in the world would cause police to behave this way? Or is this just the kind of cretin the job attracts?

4 Likes

Especially since about two-thirds of the U.S. population lives in that zone (most major cities are within 100 miles of an external boundary, not even taking into account international airports, h/t @IronEdithKidd).

5 Likes

Never imagined I’d be moving to Wichita or Omaha.

1 Like

Especially since the cops don’t have any way to document it. It’s entirely assertion on the cop’s part with nothing objective.

8 Likes

No offense intended; this is obligatory:

9 Likes
  1. I would never smoke pot that I was aware had been stuffed up someone’s butt, no matter how dank the pot might be. I’m aware of how most heroin smuggling occurs, but I’m allergic to opiates, so that’s a moot point.
  2. Those cops’ parents must be so proud now that this is spread all over the internet. These guys definitely should fall under an extension of the #MeToo movement.
  3. The suspect is white. He should have pushed back, being fair-skinned, and demanded a lawyer be present. I was moving cross-country once, with my rental crammed full of stuff. The cop who stopped me for misunderstanding a stop sign placed on a left-of-the-lane median (WTF?) threatened to go through all my stuff, so I assertively told him he’d have to put it back just the way he found it, because I wasn’t about to obstruct traffic trying to redo the Tetris puzzle I made inside the vehicle the first time. I had no idea if I was within my rights, but it sure made him think twice about it.
8 Likes

What on earth sort of ‘personal history’ could possibly justify or even sort-of explain this?!

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s the one. The cops were still convinced she had drugs on her. It’s a really nutty situation.

5 Likes

You have to wonder if the East German Stasi did stuff like this, or were they more restrained. Either way, it’s clear we’re headed that direction, polizei-wise at least.

4 Likes

I admit that I’m a bit put off by the seediness of all the pot stores and advertising here in San Francisco, but cripes does this video make me glad pot is legal now!

And oh man does this guy handle it in the best possible way when things start to get super weird around the 5:55 mark. For all of our sakes I hope this guy wins a huge lawsuit from this.

On a side note:

4 Likes
3 Likes

If only they had known about the endoscopic cameras in the BoingBoing Store.

10 Likes
6 Likes

New Jersey police officers probe man’s anus in desperate search for marijuana

They could have easily scored some just outside their precinct.

9 Likes

It’s all about control. I’m satisfied that they didn’t really think he had any pot up his butt, but this is a fear and control tactic, plain and simple. When you double down enough, people (in general) will be too scared to put up a fight…up to a point. And they hope that point will never be reached.

8 Likes