Oregon domestic terrorists now destroying public property in earnest

Apparently it’s how Oregon does things, Other states may be a bit more vindictive.

“Oregon only cites for No Operator’s License, we do not arrest,” said State Police Spokesman Bill Fugate. He declined to offer any other comments related to the crash or occupation.

2 Likes

One assumes that he will have paid for all costs he’s incurred as a result of the incident, such as getting him out of the vehicle, ensuring he isn’t hurt, towing the vehicle etc.I’m sure a person of such moral integrity would immediately see the hypocrisy of taking blatant government hand outs in this situation, because they are just methods of weakening all free born men, I mean wake up sheeple!

9 Likes

Right, but they know damn well that isn’t the only crime he is suspected of.

13 Likes

Yeah, you’d assume they’d have probable cause to take him in for something once they’d met due to the accident/citation. Surely between the illegal occupation of the compound and their behavior after the illegal occupation they’ve broken some Oregon law and are perps on a State BOLO list.

5 Likes

I gotta give the militia folks points for creativity. Not many people get to use an asphalt paver during an armed standoff. So I have to wonder…who’s the gentleman with the asphalt plant and dump truck? Could you not just slap him with some big charges for providing material aid to revolutionary terrorists?

Anyhow, it’s an insult to law and order–but possibly a good thing they paved the road if their toy trucks were tearing up the wet ground too much.

Dude who tore out the cameras is an idiot. If you want to make a statement about cameras recording you, just put tape over the lenses

7 Likes

I’ll take the risk of being called an insensitive racist asshole for saying this, but I don’t think that abdicating ownership to the Burns Paiute tribe would be even close to the ideal solution. We, as citizens of the United States should be able to say that wildlife refuges are a good thing, and maintaining them as such s a responsible use of government power. Giving them back would be to place a lot of trust in how the Burns Paiute regards land stewardship, and trusting the church, the king, tradition and so on is not how liberal states should operate.

Luckily, one of the Bundys has opened his mouth and burned a bridge.

“Before white man came, so to speak, there was nothing to keep cattle from tromping on those things,” Bundy said.
“We also recognize that the Native Americans had the claim to the land, but they lost that claim,” Bundy said. “There are things to learn from cultures of the past, but the current culture is the most important.”
4,000 artifacts stored at occupied Oregon refuge

2 Likes

I don’t think I have a Boggle emoticon big enough.

I generally agree with your opening statement though. Bad shit was done in our grandparents and great grandparents lifetimes (and ours, but we usually don’t force March indigenous people any more. Anyway). But an armed standoff by a bunch of middle aged white dudes ain’t helpin’ nothin’.

1 Like

they have guns and are not only willing, but actively looking for an excuse, to use them.

3 Likes

yeah, it seems there would be warrants for their arrest.

to some extent this “wait and see” policy seems to be the same thing most cities did when occupy wallstreet was active. police could have sealed off the public parks, but – for quite some time – they mostly let people come and go. granted ows wasn’t breaking into buildings, doxing federal employees, and toting guns around…

4 Likes

Just act like a diode. Let them drive out but don’t let them drive in.

4 Likes

Maybe they could “take over” some places which need new roads.

2 Likes

Hoo boy. Where did all those cows come from, bruh?

19 Likes

“Before we came here there were bison stomping all over the place. White men fixed that problem right up!”

14 Likes

They will all be going to prison for many years. It will be a good example.

There are prisons in the South where prisoners build roads. Maybe they can go there.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if part of the strategy behind leaving the idiots to their own devices is “eventually they’ll rack up a list of crimes so long that we’ll never have to let them out of prison again.”

18 Likes

There were several hundred serious felonies recorded on video at the Bundy’s last standoff with the Feds (i.e. Bundy Snr’s idiocy of a few years ago). They didn’t get prosecuted for any of them.

What makes you think that this time will be any different?

9 Likes

A guy can dream.

12 Likes

Fine. Let them establish a very wide armed perimeter with nobody and no material goods in or out. Let the armed “militia” make the first move violence wise, and respond appropriately. Best case scenario, they starve until they’re too weak to fight back. Worst case scenario, they attack the military in which case they get the violent confrontation they’ve been itching for.

It could definitely be argued that if the military just establishes an extra wide perimeter, that they’re not being violent, and just containing the damage and waiting these bozos out. If said bozos decide to attack the military, well… bad idea eh?

2 Likes

Is there a risk of suicide by cop? There might be.