Pearl-clutching Pro-Trumpers file a complaint about a thing that didn't happen

The evidence is still everywhere, hundreds of years later, that this country was founded by people who were so uptight the Brits kicked them out.

26 Likes

Well, sort of, at least:

7 Likes

“How dare they include Olympian gods in the Olympic ceremonies!” :rofl:

20 Likes

This is part of the Brooklyn Museum’s 1870ish copy of the very naughty side of the 19th Dynasty Turin Satirical Papyrus.

The not-naughty side’s like this:

Brooklyn Museum - Copy of the Satirical Papyrus of Turin

13 Likes

tumblr_oja3axo4DJ1rwuk64o1_1280

12 Likes

Ah! Settled law, like Roe v. Wade, where there is no point in trying again with new judges!

Phew.

6 Likes

Yes, please… and with a plastic straw.

7 Likes

Oops, my bad.

4 Likes

Bhutan would never be on their list of places to visit… but if it were…

Michael Palin’s Himalaya journey show visited there in 2003, blasting viewers with images of artfully depicted phalluses – seemingly on every building (especially villages). Also mentioned were children’s necklaces adorned with tiny phalluses, all geared to ward off evil.

9 Likes

Fox and Republicans won’t like anything on any other channels. They don’t want their viewers to see any content or commercials that might give their viewers a different world view than the propaganda Fox creates.

8 Likes

If NBC deserves to be sued for the opening ceremonies, it’s only because of how godawful their prime time coverage of it was.

The “you can imagine why Iran and Iraq aren’t sharing the same boat” quote alone was a crime against humanity.

16 Likes

@teknocholer

GOTCHA!!

3 Likes

Conservatives: finds a drag send up somewhat making fun of a pagan tradition(s) as being sacrilegious against their own faith

Also conservatives:

13 Likes

Seen on Xitter:

17 Likes

By then we already had menage a trois and themes like equality and liberty. I could hear the magas getting triggered.

Meanwhile, during this opening ceremony which was including art and unity and peace and equality, my local broadcast commercials would include politicians shooting rifles and one of them shooting at the word “liberal”. I couldn’t help but think if the games were in the USA it would have been 45 minutes of fireworks and some monster trucks.

What a fascinating evening of television history.

7 Likes

French artistic director of the ceremony proving to be an expert at trolleying right-wing fuckwits everywhere.

12 Likes

I think the most important lesson they should learn is that the opening ceremony wasn’t about them. Nobody deliberately tried to offend them because the rest of the world doesn’t constantly think about America, and definitely not about American conservatives.

19 Likes

For the billionaire scumbags bankrolling fascism in the West, that part was far more offensive than the drag queen bacchanal. The corrupt ultra-wealthy creeps who run the IOC can’t have been too thrilled, either.

11 Likes

But… but… that’s the worse sin of all!

9 Likes

We’ll find out in 4 years.

5 Likes