10 Likes
3 Likes

Tanks for the memory
Of Moscow lemonade, contractors unpaid
And traffic jams and anagrams and bills we never paid
How lovely it was

11 Likes

secret parade

If they’re going for replicating the plot of Dune, I would definitely take a leader who’s going to spread humanity to the stars to save itself, over the diseased insane pedo Baron McHarkonnen that we currently seem to have.

Better yet, can I opt for a weird sandtrout/man hybrid?

5 Likes

They could invite the Top Secret Drum Corp.

8 Likes

Reasons for Trump doing the parade and hijacking the Fourth:

More government dictated by narcissistic injury.

20 Likes

It isn’t unusual for the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds to make a mid-week appearance. The only issue I see, is that being a Thursday they lose one day of practice at the weekend show site.

1 Like

Typical, you wait hours for a tank to turn up; and then you get four come all together.

(The fact that the guy is carrying his shopping makes the photo even more poignant.)

4 Likes

So they’re planning a celebration they hope people will turn up to but they’re not saying what will actually happen? Have they released any kind of program for the day at all?

6 Likes

I think they hope enough people are curious enough to show up just to see the tanktrain wreck, and that publishing a program would only lower attendance when people see just how mediocre it really will be.

4 Likes

Now you made my want to rewatch Drumline.

I’m just kidding. I don’t need anyone to make me want to rewatch Drumline. I love that movie.

5 Likes

One of the amusing details is that Trump tweeted that they were going to have a “brand new” Sherman Tank. NB those were from WWII and haven’t been manufactured for almost 50 years. I wonder whether it will be painted gold, that seems to be his style.

14 Likes

Maybe he misheard, and it’s going to be a Sherwin-Williams tank.

12 Likes

That’s not exactly a usual “midweek” performance. Its a short notice performance one day before they’re due 1000 miles away. I seem to remember a few years back there was a bunch of hubbub around these exhibition teams (though more so the Thunderbirds) due to audience injuring accidents at airshows and public performances. That was pegged to tight schedules leaving insufficient prep time for practice and maintenance, and tired pilots. The Thunderbirds temporarily grounded themselves, and IIRC both teams put in new scheduling rules in place to create more down time.

2 Likes

The Thunderbirds won’t be there, Trump kept insisting he had to speak to Jeff Tracy before they were included.

17 Likes
11 Likes

I hope you’re ready to witness trump riding in the turret with a sword outreached desperately attempting to hold a pose.

6 Likes

USN?
You’d expect a bigger boat presence.
Maybe Trump would consider bringing in some carriers.

Course, the way global warming is going, give a few years and it won’t be a problem.

5 Likes

17 Likes