Plans for Trump's July 4 'Military Tanks on The Mall' parade remain secret

The Potomac can handle a destroyer but, a carrier? Not so much.

You just know he has asked about it.

8 Likes

740full-black-books----------------------------------(2000--2004)-screenshot

9 Likes

15 Likes
12 Likes

15 Likes
27 Likes
8 Likes

July 4th in DC used to be special. This is just one more thing to hate about MAGA. It was reported that the fireworks are being moved from just west of the Lincoln Memorial to an adjacent park. It’s likely that no one east of the Washington Monument will be able to see any but the highest bursts due to the screen of trees and buildings in the way.

After the first Gulf War there was a victory parade in DC and fireworks. The cost of the parade were paid in full by the feds, not the DC government, and which included repaving the streets damaged by the tanks. I’m guessing this event will screw the district and commuters for years.

10 Likes

Trump orders tanks for Independence Day parade https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48842428

“He also wants the chiefs of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines standing next to him during the display, ”

That can’t work with procedures to protect the command infrastructure can it?

8 Likes

Vlad “thought it would be a good idea”. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I need Trump the showman to hop up onto an observation deck and MC this debacle Regis Philbin-style on live TV so I can point and laugh. I feel like he owes me this.

2 Likes

40k was less depressing before we decided to go all in on having a decrepit geriatric with an egregious taste for gilded stuff lead (in no small part through his corrupt and frequently hereditary representatives) our rudderless and declining empire into an an eternity of bigoted superstition, xenophobia, and constant war…

More realistic, admittedly; but still.

That said, I’m having a really, really, hard time imagining Don Jr. as a Primarch; but I kind of can see Ivanka going all Sister of Battle if provoked.

3 Likes

I wonder if we have any of those neat inflatable tanks still in storage?

8 Likes

President assassinated by the military at a parade is exactly what happened to Anwar Sadat. Pretty sure drump doesn’t know that.

6 Likes

Not enough rangers to patrol national parks, entrance rates going up, park service police don’t have enough people to patrol parkways and the like annnnd yet:

FUCKING HELL

If I see one MAGA hat on the 4th it’s getting punched off.

It’s his fucking show make him pay for it.

4th of July is dead to me.

16 Likes

Get inspired people.

8 Likes

AFAIC, you can have whatever you want, as long as there is plenty of spice.

2 Likes
18 Likes

From the article you linked:
“ Meanwhile, advocates of legalizing marijuana already had planned a national smoke-in at the Washington Monument on July 4. “
If one managed to get enough people to do that this time around I am sure the event could be blanketed in smoke

7 Likes

“Honor America Day”?

My mind reels trying to imagine how awful an event for Nixon enthusiasts, presided over by Billy Graham, for people who thought that Cambodia and Kent State were pretty OK but were too smarmy to say so outright rather than going for a nominally-nonpartisan flag-wrap, would be.

7 Likes