Plans for Trump's July 4 'Military Tanks on The Mall' parade remain secret

Just remember how popular the “sure, let’s have a wildly sketchy ethnic nationalist militia ‘provide security’” option has been in certain circles of late.

Not as though it’s a choice I want to have to be making; but I’d rather have the Park Service.

10 Likes

Every decision he makes is somehow the most evil, nasty one that could be possibly made. Cartoonishly evil, except instead of laughing, I want to punch his fucking face.

14 Likes

You have a functioning republic. You just used it to elect an eejit. But in 18 months or so you’ve got a chance to get rid of him again. Don’t screw it up.

And given the reported levels of Christian Dominionism in the US armed forces, I don’t think you should entrust them with choosing your government.

13 Likes

Well, no. We used it to elect Hillary Clinton. But the eejit’s staff and lawyers knew how to game our weird, archaic system to get him into office instead. The fear is that even if we have the best possible candidate to get rid of him in 18 months, it won’t matter. But all we can do is try.

8 Likes

I mean, I get it. Trump’s decision making comes down to caveman-level logic of TOUGH or WIMPY. Tanks = tough, manly, decisive. Trees = pansy, womanly, feel-good wimpy stuff. That sort of blockhead-simple lizard brain decision making is why his moron fans love him; destroying pretty things makes liberals cry, and that’s funny. It really is as simple as that.

What I think would be marvelous is if his idiotic tank display ends up in the river.

14 Likes

My lilly livered limp penis of a Congresscritter had “strong” words:

“Rep. Don Beyer, a Democrat representing Virginia’s 8th District, issued a statement Tuesday as well, in which he expressed concern about the harm tanks could cause to local roads and bridges, including the Arlington Memorial Bridge.”

“Since President Trump is turning the region’s beloved annual tradition into a campaign event focused on himself, he should personally reimburse U.S. taxpayers and local governments for any damage to local infrastructure,” Beyer said in the statement. -WTOP

8 Likes

10 Likes

com-add-text%20(2)

12 Likes

Having an unnerving vision of the tanks actually remaining in DC.

8 Likes
8 Likes

And this is what’ll be on them:

9 Likes

I think The Cheeto in the White House is compensating with tanks for some lack…

Word has it that Frederick Douglass is showing up driving a Sherman, fresh from his recent victory at the Bowling Green massacre…Covfefe and hamberders for everyone!

14 Likes

That would be a sight to behold.

1 Like

JHC

5 Likes

The only tank I want to see at the event is the Haunted Tank.

11 Likes

Smocking hot covfefe!

7 Likes

This is what I was thinking it would turn into. Some half-assed compromise of a dictator’s parade because cooler heads won’t let the White House destroy DC for the event.

I’ll be bummed at the waste of taxpayer money, but I also feel like the best result could be a pathetic display like his inauguration.

2 Likes

How is Independence Day normally celebrated in DC.?

Parade floats full of lobbyists throwing cash at congressmen and yelling “Show us your tits”?

5 Likes

At the conclusion of festivities, it is expected all loyal citizens will exercise their patriotic duty by racking the forest of the Motherland for the remainder of the day.

1 Like