Post a pic of your favorite toy

Indeed!

I know we’re well past one favorite toy now, so I’ll just call that room my favorite toy.

3 Likes

My favorite toy isn’t a toy, exactly, but if I ever have responsibility-free time, I want to play with crochet hooks and yarn.

The little dude is a Yoda that I made for a friend a few years ago. Now, he’s a memento mori for my dear departed friend. The clothes come off, but it’s not respectful to show a Jedi nude.

14 Likes

Dude - that is awesome. Make me a Boba Fett hat??

1 Like

This is all your fault, Bernard.

9 Likes

OMG - I know what that is!

3 Likes

Probably a little too close to Bobo’s condition, but it was a squirrel.

It was the first hard plastic version. The Yoda lightsaber we got our son for his b-day is similar in construction, but makes all the excellent lightsaber noises.

A friend of mine had a rather old Coke machine that was stocked with bottled beer for $0.30 (cost of Old Style plus deposit). At uni, of course. The only downside was whomever got the last beer had to empty the change out and ride the drunkbike to the liquor store to get another 2-4. Drunkbike had a really big basket in front for this purpose.

6 Likes

The “Herr” gives the picture a touch of formal class.

1 Like

It was a joke by the artist: No one in southern Germany recognizes Renke as first name.

2 Likes

I knit and crochet, it’s not super difficult to find time here and there. Instead of just sitting on the couch watching TV or a movie or whatever, I add in the pointy sticks and yarn to get projects done, too. I started writing the pattern for a pair of Iron Man gloves for my boy’s Halloween costume on Monday. Had a couple false starts between then and now, may have changed my mind about the yarn I’m using for the cuffs, but thanks to this Walking Dead marathon, I’ll get quite a bit done tonight and this weekend.

4 Likes

From 1973–1975 or so it was Mattel’s Big Jim action figure line. I had Big Jim, Big Josh with Talking Camp Pack, the awesome Rescue Rig, the orange & green Campin’ Tent, and assorted outfits/accessories sets (Arctic Explorer, Baseball Pro, Eagle Ranger, Fisherman, Karate, Safari Hunter…). Mattel’s Big Jim Rescue Rig commercial (1973)
My buddy had the Sports Camper, Sky Commander jet and Safari Truck.

If we weren’t playing outside all day, we were playing in one of our houses in the basement rec room in the world of Big Jim. Evel Knievel and G.I. Joe would visit on occasion.

7 Likes

Wow, this avatar looks like a man with a moustache, but when you look at the close-up it’s just an abstract picture.

3 Likes

These. These were my favorite. I had a small number of these. My collection is a bit larger now, but there’s still a ton I lack.

1 Like

I loved this toy when I was a kid.

9 Likes

I had one of these! I liked it, but not as much as this thing:

7 Likes
7 Likes

6 Likes

<3. I’m outta ‘likes’.

I’m not taunting that. Nope.

6 Likes