Post a pic of your favorite toy

Mr Mouth! Used to play that at grandma’s house with the cousins.

1 Like

Not a toy, but probably the book I remember the most.

18 Likes

Oh, I had a set of those!

But did any of y’all have one of these?

8 Likes

Oh cool, I had the Evil Kenivel version or rather my brother did and I had the skycycle from the failed canyon jump.

3 Likes

@TobinL beat me to it
That is way too girlie…

I recall a few BBSers having the Evel K. bike

My buddy had the chopper version.

1 Like

While I am bit too young to be an Evel Knievel fan (I knew who he was, but the toy was before my day).

But I sorta want this.

4 Likes

He’s got a…cane?

2 Likes

I think its a swagger stick.

1 Like

That is totally awesome.

Keeping with the Knievel theme… If you look at Evel’s motorcycle pic he has the cane in his raised hand. The 70’s were cool – action figures could have a limp.

I’m pretty sure that my other 70’s action figure was part of a homosexual/lumbersexual gang…

2 Likes

You want a felt Fett hat, sold by hated Hutts on heated Hoth?

1 Like

Yeah, but you could eat Stretch Armstrong.

2 Likes

Oh my God. I loved that book. Every damn time I come across that book, I read it again. Even as an adult. Thanks for that.

3 Likes

I can’t find the exact model I had, but it looked a lot like this:

Mine came with an interactive CD. Which for the time seemed like the most futuristic thing ever! An interactive electronics tutorial, on CD-ROM!

I got started on the science geek thing pretty early. I remember my book of inventions rather fondly. I did manage to independently invent the Taser (at least in very general principle). Of course, my version was in throwing star form. For reasons.

3 Likes

My toy!

I have been neglecting it lately. It scares the dog.

12 Likes

I had those too, but mine never came with CDs because they didn’t exist yet. (Matter of fact I have a couple of those for my kids, and none of them came with discs!)

I remember building a light sensitive circuit with it and being very proud.

2 Likes

5 Likes

That’s your favorite toy?

I mean, if you say so, but I’d be bored after like 20s or so.

1 Like

Mine had animations where the components were all anthropomorphized and introduced themselves and what they did in the circuit.

The projects also had blow-by-blow breakdowns of what was happening in each circuit. Transistors mystified my eight-year old brain at the time though. I didn’t understand how electricity could flow into a component from two directions. (I didn’t really understand voltage until much later.)

Sometimes I get really skeptical of educational “toys” since I feel like they don’t perform well in either role. That being said: A lot of my great performance in my Physics II class in university was built on things I learned when I was eight, and fiddling with electronics since then. I’d never taken physics in high school, though I still have an old copy of Gonick’s Cartoon Guide to Physics lying around.

2 Likes