Prepare to be underwhelmed by Trump's press conference

This is from the NYT.

Even if he mixed up the two it still never happened.

It wasn’t the famous former San Francisco mayor on the helicopter flight at all. It was Gov. Jerry Brown, the former governor of California, who bears little resemblance to Willie Brown.

There was also no emergency landing, and the helicopter’s passengers were never in any danger at all, according to Gov. Gavin Newsom, who was also on the flight.

Jerry Brown, who left office in January 2019, said through a spokesman, “There was no emergency landing and no discussion of Kamala Harris.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/08/us/politics/trump-helicopter-willie-brown.html

15 Likes

That goes without saying. A helicopter carrying the President and at least 1–2 other VIPs nearly crashing would be pretty significant news.

12 Likes

that whole thing is just…

THINK OF IT. IF I WERE PRESIDENT, HE WOULDN’T HAVE RUSSIA AND
UKRAINE WHERE IT NEVER HAPPENED. ZERO CHANCE. YOU WOULDN’T HAVE HAD OCTOBER 7 OF ISRAEL. YOU WOULDN’T HAVE THE HORRIBLE WITHDRAWAL, AND I DON’T MEAN THE WITHDRAWAL, BECAUSE THE WITHDRAWAL WAS FINE. I WAS READY TO WITHDRAW FROM AFGHANISTAN, AND WE WERE GOING TO DO IT WITH DIGNITY AND STRENGTH. WOULD KEEP OUR EQUIPMENT, WE WERE NOT LEAVING $85 MILLION OF EQUIPMENT BEHIND. WE WOULDN’T HAVE HAD 13 GREAT SOLDIERS – I KNOW THE FAMILIES OF THOSE SOLDIERS WELL. WE WOULDN’T HAVE THE SOLDIERS KILLED AND WE WOULDN’T HAVE 45 SOLDIERS OF ALLITERATIVE, NO LEGS, NO ARMS, THE FACE. NONE OF THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. YOU WOULDN’T HAVE HAD INFLATION. YOU WOULDN’T HAVE HAD ANY INFLATION. INFLATION WAS CAUSED BY THEIR BAD ENERGY PROBLEMS. NOW THEY HAVE GONE BACK TO THE TRUMP THING BECAUSE THEY NEED THE VOTES. I DON’T KNOW IF YOU KNOW, THEY ARE DRILLING NOW BECAUSE THEY HAD TO GO BACK BECAUSE GASOLINE WAS GOING UP TO 7, 8, NINE DOLLARS A BARREL. THE DAY AFTER THE ELECTION, IF THEY WON, YOU WILL HAVE FUEL PRICES GO THROUGH THE ROOF. EVERYBODY WILL BE FORCED TO BUY AN ELECTRIC CAR WHICH THEY WILL NOT DO BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT THAT. IT HAS GOT A MARKET. PEOPLE WANT GASOLINE PROPELLED CARS THEY WANT HYBRIDS, THEY WANT TO HAVE EVERYTHING. AND THEY WANT TO HAVE ELECTRIC. THEY WANT EVERYBODY TO HAVE AN ELECTRIC CAR. WE COULDN’T MAKE ENOUGH ELECTRICITY FOR THAT. YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE? THE WEIGHT OF A CAR, THEY WANT ALL TRUCKS TO THE ELECTRIC.

my brain is melting trying to interpret any of that as a normal human thought process.

17 Likes

Happy Excuse Me GIF

15 Likes

i can only assume he means this guy

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them…maybe you can hire The A-Team.

19 Likes

ISRAEL WOULD HAVE SKIPPED STRAIGHT FROM OCTOBER 6 TO OCTOBER 8. GUARANTEED.

18 Likes

Right? She has been back in impersonating action, but I don’t know if she’s done the presser yet.

14 Likes

brb need to go get a barrel of gas from the gas station

I wonder what his biggest donor thinks about this…

16 Likes

Finally got a chance to watch this, and damn, it was very good and very true.

10 Likes

And who decided to put the camera at floor level, showing a giant T***p striding to the microphone, head brushing the chandelier, towering over the huddle of timid Munchkins in the background? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

And why did he have to remove the couch from the room? What was he afraid of?

14 Likes

… underrated Kraftwerk album

22 Likes

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

9 Likes

Avatar Gebärdensprache GIF by Sign Time - SiMAX

13 Likes

I think you’re onto something. I assumed he tried to use hearing aids recently but his ego got in the way. /S

8 Likes

Remember when getting caught with a fake helicopter story was serious?

images

19 Likes

It seems like the mainstream media coverage of this presser-word-vomit is a lot more critical than we were seeing two months ago. Or even a month.

17 Likes

Ok, I’ll try…

Some Soldiers Sent Subpar by a Seeming Semblance of Shock Showing Serious Silhouettes on the Savanah.

That’s all I can do before coffee.

20 Likes

… Brian Williams had a boss and could get fired

13 Likes

Now that I think about it, this is a wedge issue between his sponsors. Elno obviously sells electric cars. If you take oil and gas out of the mix, half of Russia’s export economy collapses (2022 data)

So expect to see him weirdly wavering between supporting Elno and bashing electric cars, solar panels, heat pumps, etc.

14 Likes