Prepare to be underwhelmed by Trump's press conference

Don’t! You’ll crack me up!!

11 Likes

Willie Brown is also a bit eccentric, to put it mildly. And probably more than a little corrupt, but in an old school politics cronyism kind of way. And it got him in trouble more than once. He did hand out political appointments to friends and people who did favors for him. And one of those people was Kamala Harris, who was a young ADA in Alameda County and dating Brown at the time he appointed her to a couple of state boards. So when you hear people say Harris slept her way to the top, this is what they’re referring to. It’s ridiculous. Brown later disclosed that when Harris was elected San Francisco DA (they were no longer dating by then), she told him if he so much as jaywalked, she was throwing his ass in jail. It was her way of making it clear to him that while she appreciated the help early in her career, she didn’t owe him any favors. And Brown has never said a bad word about her, contrary to what Trump claimed.

You also may hear some MAGAts claim that Harris was having an affair with a married man. This is also a reference to her dating Brown. Brown separated from his wife in 1982, but they never divorced. So technically, when Harris was dating him, she was dating a married man.

ETA: By the way, this is all public information and easy to find. It’s not like Harris is trying to keep any of this secret. This is all on her Wikipedia page. Except maybe for the quote about throwing Brown in jail if he so much as jaywalked. I can’t remember where I read that.

26 Likes

In that regard, he also suggested at this presser that Presidents (meaning himself) should have a say in setting interest rates. As if politicising the Fed would lead to anything other than disaster.

Eco’s ur-fascism, characteristic eight:

The enemy is both weak and strong. “[…] the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

21 Likes

Everyone in Calfornia dated Willie Brown at some point.

28 Likes

Wow, it was even dumber than expected. The press conference largely existed to attack Harris… for not having a press conference. Huh, when I put it that way, it sounds even stupider.

25 Likes

Trump’s clearly got too much time on his hands. Harris is busy campaigning and also being VP.

26 Likes

Even you?!? :laughing:

19 Likes
20 Likes
16 Likes

Hail, fellow culinarian!

14 Likes

“Revenge Pizza” would be a pretty cool restaurant name. “Only vengefully cold pizza – you’ll be surprised how satisfying it is!”

15 Likes

Do you know the Klingon Proverb about pineapple on pizza?

17 Likes

But did she take time out of her busy schedule of campaigning and getting endorsements from various groups to have the press come over to her dining room so she could ramble incoherently? I THINK NOT!

21 Likes

Trying to distract from a certain anniversary, perhaps?

9 Likes

…And I just realized the press conference was scheduled for 14:00 Eastern Time on 8/8.

That fucker was sending signals to his MAGAts. :rage:

17 Likes
16 Likes

Easy, now. Flat morning beer is gross, but well aged cold pizza is the breakfast of the gods! :grin:

Coca Cola Soda GIF by Súper Akí

To all the cold pizza appreciation in this very classy group!

21 Likes

18 Likes

Kept inside a chained trunk in the plant room for the pool at Mar-a-Lago. /s

13 Likes

/s only because he wouldn’t lock it and it’d be a cardboard box?

15 Likes