QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

USS Ranger.

2 Likes
4 Likes

…do they serve Kelpian threat ganglia?

3 Likes

When will Michael Burnham admit to Saru that she ate his species? And probably found them to be tasty.

2 Likes

Last scene of series 5. Burnham will admit it right before they go to warp, Saru will reply “what the fuuuu-”, cut to exterior, Discovery flies off to their next mission.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nelix’s cooking is a villain- Lol

Random Irish episides - hrmm

2 Likes

Sorry Nelix!

Not as bad as TNG’s Irish episode…

You can see poor Miles O’Brien there…

I’ve never been one of those Irish Americans that whinges about “racism” against the Irish (except for that one woman in Asheville that owned that store, the Celtic Way - she WAS racist against the Irish! I’m sure she’s having a fine time being tortured in hell in some appropriate way…)… But that episode comes pretty damn close…

11 Likes

Ah, the bringlóidí (dreamers). At least it wasn’t as bad as the “Africa in space” episode.

5 Likes

I’m still gob-smacked that they filmed and showed that episode.

6 Likes

Oh, yeah, that was so much worse…

Me too! Shows just how important it is to have diversity behind the scenes…

6 Likes

Gene Roddenberry had been peddling that “Planet of the Blacks” script since the original series and kept getting shouted down.

Okay. Not sure how that relates to my point of “diversity in the writer’s room”…

1 Like

They didn’t have the people in the first season of TNG telling Gene, “no fucking way, that’s offensive”.

I thought it did. More diversity in the writing room would have killed the plan to film that awful script. If that didn’t come out right, that’s my fault.

There’s a few points in TNG where you can see Colm Meany clearly bristling against Oirish stereotypes - this one and Captain Maxwell talking about him kissing the Blarney Stone in The Pegasus are the main ones. As soon as he had some pull he put an end to it, in the DS9 episode If Wishes Were Horses Molly’s storybook character that was going to come to life was scripted to be a Leprechaun but he got them to change it to Rumplestiltskin.

Katharyn Powers, one of the credited writers on Code of Honour used the same basic plot for an early Stargate SG-1 episode where a Noble Savage stereotype (this time Mongol rather than African) tries to take Samantha Carter as his queen. That episode was like a black hole of what the fuckery.

5 Likes

Hi there, youngster!

Emergency tv show.

9 Likes

I actually saw that episode about six weeks ago? Or at least it was an episode of Emergency that he was on as a doctor. :grin:

3 Likes

Maybe could use a different police officer.
hqdefault

5 Likes

7 Likes