QAPLA': General Star Trek thread... for all your Trekin' needs

15 Likes

I made the perfect cutting board for this chart:

17 Likes

Season 2 Episode 10 GIF by Paramount+

5 Likes

Noice!

7 Likes

Oh, my. It’s gorgeous. Probably not within my budget. Functional.

5 Likes

8 Likes

80th anniversary of D Day.

Around 11:30PM on D-Day, Doohan was making his way to a command post, when a nervous Canadian sentry opened up on him with a burst from a Bren gun. He was struck by six bullets, four of them hitting his legs, one striking his chest, and one shooting off the middle finger of his right hand. It could have been worse: the bullet that hit him in the chest was deflected by a silver cigarette case, a gift from his brother. As Doohan joked about it in later years, smoking had actually saved his life. It was no joking matter at the time, however, as he writhed in pain while being rushed to a hospital to get his wounds treated.

11 Likes

And had a lifelong friendship with another actor whose life was profoundly impacted by the events of WWII.

15 Likes

During a TNG rewatch, I realized that Picard must not have planned on staying on the Enterprise very long because he never set his drink preferences on his personal replicator.

7 Likes

Doesn’t mention Trek specifically, but…

5 Likes

it is surprising that wesley didn’t explain: you know you can just say “tea”, right?

( and why does no one ever say thank you!? people need to be more polite to majel barret. )

8 Likes

He could just install a single function button on his desk like TFG did for Diet Coke.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Did anyone check the Tribble bin to see if they were just misfiled?

11 Likes

I highly recomend the graphic novel about Takeis experience with the internment camps.

6 Likes

Already have a copy!

My wife used to teach elementary school in Los Angeles and one of the field trips I’d sometimes volunteer to chaparone was at the Japanese American National Museum, where George Takei has shared his story and supported the museum’s mission for years. He is Chair Emeritus of the museum’s board.

6 Likes

Amusingly, all the Tribbles similarly went missing from the prop department shortly after that episode wrapped

4 Likes

Netflix says Star Trek Prodigy series 2 is coming on the 1st of July

6 Likes

Happy pride!!!

8 Likes

True story.

from

4 Likes