Report: Trump angry at own aides after they concede he lost debate

I guess that I shouldn’t be too smug…

19 Likes

Great response on the double-standard on display between how the candidates were received:

“Imagine a woman who showed up [to a presidential debate] unprepared, sniffling like a coke addict and interrupting her opponent 70 times. Let’s further imagine that she had 5 kids by 3 men, was a repeated adulterer, had multiple bankruptcies, paid zero federal taxes and rooted for the housing crisis in which many thousands of families lost their homes. Wait… there’s more: she has never held any elected office in her life.”
–Michelle Vitalione

37 Likes

“Oh, he’ll be the chap with the pork chop tied 'round his neck.”

1 Like

If they’d just renamed it “Hitlergrad,” the Nazis would never have attacked Russia at all.

7 Likes

well, Raven was First Nations and understood the seriousness of nuclear weapons. That’s way more progressive than orange oompa-loompa Trump

4 Likes

Jesus fuck, won’t anyone listen? Don’t feed the trollies, Trump’s only way to survive is to get a rise out of people. He shouldn’t be given an audience when he’s asked to state his policy positions. How the audience reacts is irrelevant, so he shouldn’t be given the chance to dodge and deflect.

1 Like
11 Likes

I really don’t think so. I honestly believe at this point that he is completely unequipped to engage in a legitimate debate, and this ‘wing it’ bullshit thing is it. It’s all he’s got.

I keep getting amazed because I pick things up third hand, and think perhaps people are exaggerating how much shit comes out of the man’s mouth, and then when I see the source material it is mostly worse, people mostly understate it.

Like the thing about the microphone not working properly. I heard a few commentators mention he was blaming a bad microphone, and I thought oh yeah, an off the cuff remark.

But no, you hear the actual primary source material and he is actually claiming he was given a faulty mic, like really doubling down on it, really implying that it is part of a conspiracy. Fox even brought up the sniffing thing, with a leading question to suggest maybe it was an allergy or something, and he just flat out denied he was sniffing.

You know, exactly like he was coked up and denying everything.

To be honest, even the accounts of Hilary winning the debate are understated. She mopped the floor with the guy, she played him like a violin, it’s a pleasure to watch.

12 Likes

Yeah, cause what kind of authoritarian follower are you if you don’t have your colours nailed to the mast and/or can think for yourself at all?

2 Likes

Someone did; can’t remember where (Mother Jones maybe?). It was infinite; he successfully interrupted Hillary I think five times, she didn’t interrupt him once. She spoke over him four times; he spoke over her about 30.

4 Likes

To be fair, the North also lost the civil war, since we could have let them leave.

5 Likes

More like business self-help beast cellar - amiright?

2 Likes

I still put “Russian America” on my correspondence.

2 Likes

She definitely won. But he just might have beat the point-spread. For a fair number of “Washington is completely broken, we need a non-politician.” voters, he only needed avoid coming across as “dangerously unhinged.”

1 Like

This image is all the more relevant, and all the more sad, given trump’s tweet-rage this morning. He’s truly a disgusting person.

1 Like

I’m really loving the “Reagan wept” tattoo. Excellent work, @beschizza!

4 Likes

Yeah, well, fuck them anyway.

3 Likes

As someone who was recently dismayed by the Brexit vote, I have to say that Trump is actually correct. In the type of politics he is going for, his actual performance doesn’t matter at all; what matters is that he and his aides shout loudest about how much they won, even if they didn’t.

To use the recent euphemism from Brexit, Trump’s core demographic is what is now termed “information-scarce” voters. He is absolutely correct to shout at his aides for not being on-message.

Do you really think your average Trump voter is going to watch the actual debate, or are they going to rely on the usual echo chamber of self-reinforcing media to tell them who won? Trump’s aides admitting he did badly is potentially worse for his ratings than his actual performance.

ETA: not sure how this ended up as a reply. Sorry!

2 Likes

That’s brilliant but doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. Or maybe it’s skipped the surface…

Imagine a woman candidate who’s overweight, the oldest candidate in history, has frequently been seen with a terrible spray-on tan, is rumored to be wearing a wig, and has a history of mocking the physical appearance of others…

11 Likes

I believe the articles are quoting a sampling of /pol/ posters who are fed up with the game and/or Trump and not anonymous as a group; /the_donald mods are still heavily censoring posts, so we won’t see any dissent there for now.

1 Like