Restaurant freakout in Santa Monica, California

Yea.
I remember the words of this old guy I worked with in a grocery store many, many moons ago (30 years or more) when it was suggested that he should have tried to stop some guy who might have ripped off a candy bar or something - “Fuck you, I’m not a fucking security guard.” Conversation over… :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Where my Rocky Horror peeps at?

5 Likes

Insane in the membrane! :astonished:

he fucked up twice. once by filming in portrait mode and then again for apologizing for not filming in portrait mode.

That woman screaming at them… psychotic break? or recent break up culminating in a nervous breakdown? Or was there something else?

4 Likes

Does that sound like a certain president we know?!

1 Like

A couple of years ago before voters took the liquor stores from the state (due to poor management and booze selection) I was in line with a few people and a gentlemen walked through the line with an arm full of bottles and out the front door. The clerk calmly walked to the door and looked at the vehicle the guy got into. Walked back. Made a 10 second call. Then went back to ringing up people. I think I made a comment about robberies being more exciting on TV and he just shrugged.

23 Likes

And what exactly are we getting out of publicly shaming the mentally ill?

2 Likes

maybe we all need to start carrying Snickers bars around to calm people down when they’re all hangry. #BeTheChange

7 Likes

Out of nowhere, the lady (who was finalizing her transaction) looks at us and exclaims emphatically how inappropriate PDA was and how uncomfortable it was making her.

What’s wrong with PDA? Doesn’t everybody need their “Palm Pilot” time once in a while?

11 Likes

I’m not really getting any schadenfreude here because, to me, it’s fairly obvious the lady has mental problems. I don’t think this is just some angry person, but someone who needs psychiatric help.

I’ll also second the comments about why the people running the places of business don’t take the lead on telling the rude/crazy to leave, or, fearing escalation, don’t just call the cops ASAP.

/shrug

4 Likes

The problem it isn’t always clear some one is mentally ill or just an asshole. There is little reason to believe she was mentally ill.

Is this where we are in the world now? No one is held accountable because maybe they have issues beyond their complete control that make them behave badly?

23 Likes

That was a definite tell. Still, the behavior reminded me of a similar tantrum in the Hugh Mungus incident, definitely not by a Trump supporter.

1 Like

I have to agree with this. Certainly it’s a good sentiment to want to proceed with caution, maybe not be overeager to jump on the condemnation bandwagon too eagerly, but it’s not “clear” that this woman’s mentally ill. She’s behaving horribly in public and appears to have the skills necessary to learn from social feedback. She’s speaking lucidly, she’s dressed coherently. It’s not impossible that a little public shaming might actually go a long way to convincing her this isn’t a great way to behave!

13 Likes

New press secretary?

Don’t worry! 45 and the TGOP will cut those programs!

Don’t try to apply logic to this! It won’t work

MAGA indeed…

Maybe she found out that 45 is cutting a program she relies on and can’t handle that she voted him.

7 Likes

Make mine a butterfinger.

2 Likes

If they have mental problems, the service to call would be an ambulance. Cops are trained to deal with crime and tend to do poorly with this sort of thing.

4 Likes

It’s true! Nine months later, the warrior-baby pops out of the guy’s forehead.

10 Likes

how u maek warrior babbY?

9 Likes

Like a god!

8 Likes