Rich Koch Brothers heir boldly makes shirts

F’ing dumb f’ing idiot, this is what the TGOP tax plan is for… WTF!

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you feel your double standards and anger at society allows you to judge folks that have done you no harm.

With that, have a great life as I won’t be responding to you any further.

1 Like

No, but lording it over the rest of humanity as if that’s some sort of evidence of moral superiority is.

5 Likes

What double standards? Again, this poor little rich boy is not suffering because he’s been mocked in this thread.

As for harm, this “Palm Beach lifestyle” that he’s flaunting, and the filthy ancestral money that supports it, and that floats this talentless hack while he doodles away at a pet business, those things have done me and a lot of people great harm. Yes I’m angry at our iniquitous, rapacious society, and so much that’s on display in these two commercials is exactly why.

5 Likes

It must take a major sacrifice to “follow your passion” when you want for, um, nothing. Nothing at all.

1 Like

What a piece of shirt.

The sad part is that I really like him in Modern Family.

7 Likes

He’s not worth defending anyways since he got shitload of Lawyers and Lobbyist to back him up.

We usually defend the poor and the disenfranchised; especially the victims of passive aggressive genocides that you called poverty and elitism.

6 Likes

Nor is he doing anything useful with it… but as you said somebody maybe should fuck him…or fuck him up. Boing Boing is allegedly about ingenious people, ideas that are interesting or useful perhaps…Sort of leaves this boated toad out. Limbaugh and the perv-in chief already did outrageous ties so this guy isn’t even original. Given me some articles about how the kid with used shoes copes with his feelings or stories about how the 2 jobs parent finds time to cook or rest or make their kids feel good. That would be something to admire or aspire to emulate. To see someone who obviously never missed a meal perhaps is not good timing maybe a bit a of the eat cake routine even. A more insightful read of the crowd might suggest that people are fed the fuck up with the obscene excesses of the wealthy. Give me someone who uses her/his mind to help topple the wealthy, I want to know what I can realistically do to help others, not amuse the gilded class of social vampires who bleed the energy and dignity of decent people born to lesser wealth… I’m sick of hearing about the fools

5 Likes

Me too. This story has no real place on this site. We don’t know anything about the guy other than he makes shitty shirts. We don’t know his politics, we don’t know his passions, we don’t know what he does to better the world.

Tell me about the poor kid with used shoes. I work at a university and have a side job just to pay the bills. This week, I bought three things that I’m hoping might expand my world…a new soldering station, a cheap harbor freight router, and a sewing machine. This place and the maker atmosphere empower me to try to do things like this. Instead, we are deriding a make because he didn’t suffer. And his shirts are bad. Subjectively. I’ve seen folks make comments about his body above. And his ‘fuckability’.

This isn’t the kind of site I want to visit. I want the posts about empowerment, not derision because of someone’s family.

But you do you.

2 Likes

Personally, I wish he killed his father, his uncle, burn down their dark money network and give all of their fortunes to Native Americans so that they have the means to influence the Politics of these United States.

That’s a Headliner right there.

3 Likes

I see you’re still overlooking the yachts, the girls for hire, the champagne, the flaunting of all that “Palm Beach lifetsyle” that “few can afford.” Why?

2 Likes

I don’t give a shit on any of that; I want the Koch Libertarian Politic Network to be burned to the fucking ground.

I’m mad, damn it. I want to go to their house and shove a gallon of Oil down their saggy throats. I wanted to take their corps to Robert Murray’s doorstep, hang them on a Cross, and use them as and example for what will happen to those who use their wealth to screw over all of Humanity for the sake of their own unearned wealth and status.

And that Kid done none of that.

4 Likes

No one should ever have to see harm done to a loved one no matter how horrible the person is.

I know I’m a hypocrite about a lot of things, but wanting him to kill his father? Jesus. I hate his father and I would t want this.

1 Like

Look, alot of nasty stuff happened because of these two assholes having a strangle hold on one of the only two parties that worth a damn (as far as American Politics are concerned). And to see the Social Security on the chopping block because of their libertarian views, I’m on the end of my rope.

2 Likes

I agree…in no way are the father nor uncle good for humanity.

However, expecting a son to kill his father even as a hyperbolic statement isn’t cool.

1 Like

Both have always struck me as very lame, and essentially supporting the same unhealthy theme.

Boing Boing is on the whole a pretty positive site, but it has always had a political side. This is that side.

The reason Mark posted this is likely to make readers angry. Angry that boing boing readers have more talent in their pinkies than this clueless kid has and yet some of the community struggles to get by.

I don’t hate the kid. But I don’t like what he represents. The Koch Brothers have been using tax loopholes and shell corporations, academic beachheads, and a whole slew of other methods to not only change politics, but to change public attitudes, largely for their own profit. Because they hide behind a Russian nesting doll of corporate and private entities, the general public doesn’t know who they are and why they should care. The Koch Brothers should be household names. People just hear names such as “Americans for Prosperity”, “Citizens for a Sound Economy” and don’t make the connection.

Articles like this are infuriating and serve as an entrance to the world of the Koch Brothers. The more negative press they get, the better, because if people are angry and more informed, then eventually politicians will start working to solve the problem. Especially if they won’t get votes because their campaign contributions are tied to Koch Money.

14 Likes

Ha, ha, shirts with bags of money on them - what kooky fun!

8 Likes

BB delights in skewering bad design and also people (especially wealthy and entitled ones) who are blind to their lack of talent in a variety of fields. If his shirts were attractive or if he could draw better than a 6th grader you might have a point about it being irrelevant, but we both know neither of those things is true.

BB also regularly points out the many hypocrisies of the greedhead Kochs, who push the right-wing populist narrative that the only proper way to make money in this country is the full-speed-ahead and damn-the-externalities extraction of resources from the land or money from the poor but seem to make a special exception for their “creative” offspring.

Yeah, we’ve seen that zany scene before during times of growing inequality:

“Historically, a story about people inside impressive buildings ignoring or even taunting people standing outside shouting at them turns out to be a story with an unhappy ending.” – Daniel Handler

8 Likes

I just wish I could make bad shirts. At this point in my life, all I want to be able to do is to take my thrift store finds and tailor them myself so they weren’t so ill-fitting.

I’d wager most of the folks here couldn’t design clothing either. I mean, it’s 2017, and this site still promotes steampunk as the height of fashion two decades after it has become irrelevant. That said, to each their own.

1 Like