Right wing snowflakes moaning about Michelle Wolf's hilarious White House Press Corps monologue show us real "PC"

Wolf’s lines about “That’s a pussy?” and the next one, “Mine needs a lot more yarn than that.” were comedy gold!

Overall, her monologue was pretty funny. It roasted everyone, not just the obvious enemy. She got some good digs into Democrats, too. There were uncomfortable parts. Good. That’s what a roast IS. Uncomfortable squirming is part of it. Howling laughter is another part. Half of the room chuckling while the other half sits taciturn: yet another part. That’s how a roast should go.

But if the butthurt ones want to have their day, I say, let 'em. Let 'em show just how thin-skinned they really are. And when it’s time, let’s roast 'em again… HOTTER. Roast 'em until they turn crispy and fall off the spit into the fire. They deserve it. The answer to a good roast is an even better counter-roast. They obvs didn’t get the memo. They think the answer to a good roast is to send the gestapo to machine gun the kitchen floor. Hang in there. We will get 'em. Don’t let up.

4 Likes

So you’re saying the claims that Trump likes to snatch women’s pussies is just a cock and bull story?

11 Likes

Agreed. Profanity is not, in and of itself, disrespectful. It can be very funny. I would not use it on a FB post about coaches where kids could read it. I would also not give the President a pass. I try to be consistent!

That’s good, but given that the audience is adults, I don’t think what @anon61833566 did was a problem. Nor is using profanity within ear shot of kids as bad as some of the things the president has done/been accused of doing. Mocking a disabled person, even swear free, is much worse (IMHO) than saying shit or even fuck in front of a child, because it’s modeling belittling behavior of our fellow human beings.

Also, children will not melt if swears past their lips. The point is to teach them when it’s okay to use what language, I think.

11 Likes

Also, given some of the responses here, this gif seems appropriate:

18 Likes

If I were asked to do this, I’d just collect every cringeworthy, awful, vile thing Trump said during the campaigns and as President and just recite them verbatim.

Climax would be the Access Hollywood tape.

4 Likes

16 Likes

(I think you’re really just talking past each other, you and a person who has different standards from yours for decorum – and for trying to impose them on other people.)

4 Likes

You have to remember in their mindset, those on the left are not Americans. Watch Meghan McCain on the view and you will pick that up fairly quickly. Those lefties don’t understand or participate in the military, love of flags and anthem, love children, etc. It’s a shocking example of how they have convinced themselves of who the “others” are.

3 Likes

That’s actually not far from what Wolf did. And for what I take to be the same reason as yours would be.

5 Likes

I thought her most offensive line was “Flint still doesn’t have clean water”, but you don’t hear anyone crowing about that.

7 Likes

cc @Mindysan33

Funny thing is to me…the standards of decorum I don’t think are far off. Would I look at a group of 8 year olds and say “Hey that guy is an asshole” no. I don’t think any of us would…but would it be fine if it were a group of 17 yr olds? I’d say yes. because that would be the least offensive thing they had heard in the last 10 minutes.

The very idea that social media is somehow some sacrosanct space where I as an adult have to police my words because this person or that may read it is absolutely ludicrous. My youngest is 10 and he peruses Youtube videos regularly as many 10 year olds do now a days…I know he has heard far worse than what I said on Facebook. Additionally…let’s remember the minimum age for using facebook is SUPPOSED to be 13. So again…you think me calling someone an asshole on a facebook post is what is going to make a 13 year old break bad? give me a break.

Context matters. And in this case the other person here has shown the context doesn’t matter at all. It is a hard and fast rule.

I am not a child. This isn’t parochial school. I put away childish things and grew the fuck up. :wink:

5 Likes

When you should’ve been buying!

2 Likes

34 Likes

7 Likes

The court jester’s role was always to speak freely and criticise the king, albeit in a way that could be laughed off and ignored.

Unfortunately, our current crop of clowns refuses to recognise the role. That which is not slavish praise must be punished.

9 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t even give them the shelter of interpretation.

2 Likes

Is it fuck

7 Likes

I have stood with my 8 year old and seen an adult acting like an asshole to another person. I said ‘that guy is an asshole and here is why’ to my kid. I remember it exactly because it was 3 days ago (in Costco of all places).

Rule 1 of being an adult is don’t be a dick to others (in my opinion). When I see examples in the wild I (discreetly) point them out to my kids as a counterexample of how to behave in the world.

10 Likes

I watched the View discussion on Michelle Wolf. I clicked on it reluctantly because I wasn’t looking forward to hearing McCain talk about how this was what was wrong with America. I was happy she wasn’t there that day. I was glad I watched it mostly because Sunny Hostin was at the dinner, sitting with Don Lemon, and said people were laughing and the whole thing was funny. Since some others who were there described the mood as more tense and uncomfortable, it was nice to hear from someone who had the experience of it being hilarious in person. I guess it depended on what part of the room you were sitting in.

2 Likes