Roy Moore continues to defy reality

Um… what about all the southern folks who voted for jones? or who don’t and have never voted for the current republican party? What about northerners who vote for the GOP?

26 Likes

The people of Alabama are refusing to vote for NICE GUYS like Roy Moore. He is an involuntary civillian and he will NOT lay down and rot. Roy Moore does not not take NO for an answer!

Apparently, we’re all equally guilty.

4 Likes

This is brilliant. Keep talking you thick fuckhead.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping.

Meanwhile, the same old “nothing serious” keeps happening about this asshole’s serial abuse.

16 Likes

I think Russia would be a more appropriate place for him than Brazil. Let’s give him a one-way ticket to Yakutsk.

Some people find solace in pretending the problem is Those People Over There and fixable by just getting rid of That Place. And while I understand the desire for such a facile solution, hewing stubbornly to it is nonetheless sheer stupidity.

Is there a term for bigotry towards regions? Interstate xenophobia?

3 Likes

I was saying the same things about California when Reagan was president.

5 Likes

Next time someone tries to tell you that we need voter ID laws to prevent election fraud, remember that Republicans will continue to challenge the results of any election they lose whether those laws are in place or not.

23 Likes

Yep. You got it here:

On another note, notice at the end that it’s paid for by his campaign? How much do you wanna bet he got paid a handsome appearance fee? Need to drain those coffers somehow.

7 Likes

Given that 98% of black women and 93% of black men who voted in this special election voted against Moore and beat him despite a majority of voting whites casting for Moore, you’d think that would penetrate some people’s sneering self-righteous superciliousness.

12 Likes

Good. Keep denying reality, ever more stubbornly and angrily, to the point where it lands you in jail where you belong.

2 Likes

Looks like there isn’t a Roy Moore parody song Defying Reality. I need it.

Seriously, if they’re so antsy for the end times why can’t they just do themselves in, why do they always have to drag us along with them?

3 Likes

So now that this guy won’t be a US senator, is he still a presiding judge?

I’m hoping that he’ll just fade away (like Greg Kinnear…)

I love that he says abortion, sodomy, and materialism are ruining out country sitting in front of tchotchkes and a pre-fabricated Christmas tree.

14 Likes

Yeah, I’d read that Trump had planned to refuse to concede if he’d lost to Hillary. I’m assuming he’ll try some nonsense when (if!) he’s up for re-election, but my hope is Moore may become so much of a laughing stock by the end of this that Repubs won’t attempt this garbage anymore. You can only play these cards so often.

2 Likes

Except then I remember he is a lawayer and a judge. And was almost elected to the senate.

Then my head shaking and laughing turns to weeping.

4 Likes

Egad, someone who can’t accept losing an election. Not like that’s ever happened lately.

1 Like

Apparently he resigned when he ran for the Senate, but even if he hadn’t he had already been suspended from his position as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court. The Alabama constitution includes a clause preventing him from running for that position again because he’s too old.

8 Likes