Roy Moore continues to defy reality

I’m only referencing about his current unwillingness to concede; that doesn’t speak to all the people who have enabled and encouraged him up to this point.

2 Likes

Take your ball and gome home lil’ Roy.

Deg7w

10 Likes

No, he’s been removed from the Alabama Supreme Court twice:

Unfortunately, he is still licensed to practice law in Alabama:

Moore, Hon. Roy Stewart University of Alabama School of Law09/22/1977
kaylamoor@aol.com
Status: Occupational License – authorized to practice law in Alabama.

https://www.alabar.org/for-the-public/find-a-member/

2 Likes

3 Likes

When lacking class, be immature.

One thing that seems odd about Alabama is the lack of any voters there that are neither black or white. How is that possible? Are the Native Americans, Asian Americans, Latino Americans, Middle Eastern Americans and the rest lumped in as Black voters?

tRump’s not a republican. He’s really a party of one. And it’s very unwise to assume he’ll ever do the sensible thing. Ever.

6 Likes

Trump is “anti-establishment” in the complete opposite of Bernie. Trump is really in the business of propping himself up and his cronies as the establishment and anyone in his way is his enemy. Sadly there’s plenty of disenfranchised people willing to cheer him on because they want to watch the status quo burn down and they don’t care if the fire burns them too.

9 Likes

Terry Gilliam’s Brazil?

8 Likes

Oh I hope they do keep playing the Holy Fool card, again and again. Keep on wiping that shine off your rotten brand, Republicans. Keep on exposing it for what it is!

11 Likes

Is it true that engaging in sodomy is mutually exclusive with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? That doesn’t seem right. He should have fact checked that.

1 Like

I know we have a law against religious tests for public office, but I’m still of the opinion that if you adhere to any kind of apocalypse/end times prophecy, you should not be allowed to have any control over the nuclear weapons.

10 Likes

US Constitution, article 2, section 5:

Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members

Nighmare scenario: Moore, after failing to overturn the election at state level, brings a complaint of widespread electoral fraud before the Senate, and is seated by a vote of 51-49, with all Senators voting strictly along party lines.

2 Likes

I think at least a handful of the Republican senators would realize that that would be a vote for the end of the United States and have second thoughts.

I think

13 Likes

Agreed.

And most of them know just how widespread and deep the revulsion for Moore is outside of Alabama. Very few Republican senators would have any interest in getting more of it splashed on themselves than they already have.

10 Likes

I doubt they’d realize it, though.

1 Like

But they might realize that taking up the cause of a(nother) deeply unpopular person will cost them votes.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I don’t care if he concedes or not. It’s irrelevant, he’s irrelevant. Yeah, ok, might as well wait for the final count if you want. It’s hypothetically possible he’ll win. But him not conceding now or after the final count doesn’t change the fact he’s not going to be a senator.

So why waste one more second thinking about him? It’s irrelevant, he’s irrelevant. Spend your time pondering more useful things. Herpes, for example.

3 Likes

He could have just said, “We will make a statement upon the certification of the result by the Secretary of State,” and left it at that but noooooo…

2 Likes

Reality is getting pretty pissed right about now,

2 Likes