Safeway Lunch Box Sandwich Spread ad, 1955

Hell yes, Kraft Sandwich Spread! Great with cold cuts, and tuna salad. I even use it for fish in lieu of tartar sauce. It’s good stuff.

4 Likes

Are the first sandwiches flavored with sandwiches? Where does it end? Sandwich inception.

1 Like

It takes a couple of generations geographically removed to sort itself out.

I remember that stuff. If you put it on a white bread and bologna sandwich, it’ll be the best part of the sandwich.

2 Likes

This is my favorite phrase of 2016 so far.

Scrap, obv.

4 Likes

It’s not that his hands are big… That kid’s head has been shrunk!

2 Likes

Scrapple’s good! But then again, I’m originally from Cincinnati, where we eat goetta, and that’s just scrapple mixed with pin-oats. Because when you’re REALLY frugal, your scrapple needs something to extend it, apparently.

2 Likes

That is what we call a low bar.

Yes. Cat food sandwiches would be gross.

I always characterize it at “all the parts of a pig that you’re not going to eat if you read the label.”

1 Like

Bacon and branston pickle sandwiches are the bomb.

1 Like

I’d love this on a sammich.

Do you people eat bread-and-balogna sammiches all the time?

Try some variety! Throw in some sauerkraut. Try these sliced radishes! What happens if I add shredded carrots and raisins? How about jam and ham? Sriracha mayo? What’s the worst that could happen*?

* Your neighborhood could disinvite you from further barbecues, and your wife no longer invited to Tupperware parties, and your perfectly manicured lawn somehow turns brown? Waaaaah! I wish I had conformed!

1 Like

I don’t get the “Do we eat it, or did we eat it?” insult comment. Am I missing something?

I took it as a vomit joke.

2 Likes

…has anyone here ever actually been to Tupperware party? I’ve been to a Pampered Chef, but I’ve never even had the chance to turn down a Tupperware invite.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense.

I went to one back in the 80s. The rep was lively, so the group had a lot of fun. I bought a pickle elevator and a tortilla keeper!

9 Likes

I am covetous of your pickle elevator: it’s handy and it’s a groovy color!

5 Likes

Sadly, it went bye-bye a few years ago - questionable old plastic, and I hadn’t used it in awhile. But it was really handy for keeping carrot sticks and cut radishes. No more wet hands!

3 Likes

I’m sure someone makes a stainless steel equivalent, for far too much money. I went looking for a non-glass french press and the only one I found locally was $85 for two cups, so off to Amazon I went. I’ll probably look into someday when I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

3 Likes