Sean Spicer expected to leave post

How would that be worse? For months now I’ve been wondering when the press corps. will finally give up and stop going. They never actually tell you anything. They can’t even effectively spin Trump’s bullshit into something coherent, and they often don’t try. You can ask questions, but you won’t get answers.

The administration doesn’t seem to understand that the press conferences are a tool to get out a message, or at least damage control. And if they do realize it, then Spicer certainly hasn’t been doing that.

1 Like

Your point is well taken… but – ultimately – it’s Spicer’s fault for accepting the position when, IMHO, anyone (of sound and reasonable mind) would have given the BIG NOPE to hitching their wagon to a ruptured mule like Trump.

3 Likes

Someone on the internet doesn’t have spymathy for someone else?

Color me surprised!

They do indeed. They just don’t care for the press that questions them. They will continue to feed the usual suspects with misinformation.

2 Likes

With luck [his replacement] will be Laura Ingraham.

Methinks Ingraham might be a tad too intelligent/competent.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, on the other hand, will be wonderful entertainment/spectacularly bad. It’s hilarious watching her preen herself on Fox’s The Five like a Lady Jane Grey waiting for her ascension.

1 Like

Somehow I picture Spicer coming home and recreating this scene from the Movie Trust.
Matthew Slaughter:
I had a bad day, I had to subvert my principles and kowtow to an idiot. Television makes these daily sacrifices possible. Deadens the inner core of my being.

Maria Coughlin:
Let’s move away then.

Matthew Slaughter:
They have television everywhere, there’s no escape.

[Steals for future use]

7 Likes

It’s only misinformation if someone can understand and believe it. That’s not true of anything Spicer has ever said at the podium. You could put a wind up toy monkey up there more profitably.

1 Like

Don’t be so sure. Spicer may be setting a new trend for spokespeople. Ones who are so ridiculous that it diverts attention to them personally and not the complete garbage they are saying in public. Spicer may be an accidental genius in the bullshit generation industry.

3 Likes

That’s just the typical GOP playbook. Project your faults on the enemy and then shout loudly “NO TOUCH BACKS”.

7 Likes

The GOP are just geniuses at this. I"m getting a flashback:

When Geo W Bush was doing cocaine, driving DUI into telephone poles, and avoiding combat duty via the National Guard-- John Kerry volunteers in 1968 for Viet Nam, where he earns a bronze star, a silver star, 3 purple hearts. Yet Geo W Bush emerges as the one with the meritorious military record. Kerry’s is discredited, through the GOP ritual of repetitive deprecation.

And they got away with it. They always get away with it.

11 Likes

It’s not he they come back for. Journalists come back because there a free press takes its responsibility for public discourse with the executive branch seriously.

5 Likes

See also: “community organizer with no government experience.”

2 Likes

The White House correspondents also come back because it’s a high-profile assignment to put on their CVs. As other journalists have noted, the right thing for media outlets to have done when the regime made its intentions clear was to send the interns and entry-level reporters to Spicer’s useless and ridiculous briefings and have the senior correspondents do the real work about the executive branch elsewhere.

5 Likes

I wonder if former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is available.

11 Likes

They decided to just use the same puppet troop that they use for POtUS daily briefing’s.
I’ll miss Sean, but remember, we can relive his crazy over and over on youtube :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sympathy for Spicer? Did someone force him to take this job and keep it (until now at least)? I guess I feel sorry for someone who who is willing to do something so shitty. He also seems pretty shitty at it, if you ask me.

And this is always fun:

3 Likes

[quote=“WhyBother, post:41, topic:103113, full:true”]
How would that be worse? For months now I’ve been wondering when the press corps. will finally give up and stop going. [/quote]

And for months, now, I’ve been wondering why the White House continues to hold press briefings. What would be the bad consequence of not holding them? Trump’s base is going to support him no matter what. Everyone else already disapproves. Where is the downside?

But… Trump doesn’t drink…

I wonder what he’d be like drunk?

Came for a Baghdad Bob reference.

Leaving satisfied.

8 Likes