Someone ate another $120,000 banana artwork taped to a wall at museum (video)

There are no new ideas.

3 Likes

Except for my idea of taping a plastic wrapped English cucumber to a wall

4 Likes

But what about pointed sticks?

2 Likes

Oh no- don’t start that argument. :smile:

That one is right up there with the pronunciation of GIF for things the internet will never agree on. Both sides swear they have the facts on their side and so on.

1 Like

have you ever seen a mcdonalds hamburger patty stuck to a wall? i have and it made a magnificent statement. and absolutely no one ate it while i was there. and it did not even need tape.

2 Likes

“Vegetarian by Edgore.”

You owe me 50% for naming or I sue.

5 Likes

Fair! Here is your cut of the proceeds:

2 Likes

Awesome!!

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Kinda.

2 Likes

:notes:
A duck walked up to a banana stand
And he said to the man, running the stand
“Hey! (Bum bum bum) Got any art?”

Sorry for the earworm :grimacing:

Now I’m recalling my student days, when we would go to all the art openings that had free wine and cheese/crackers :slight_smile:

I never go out anymore…do they even still give out free alcohol and food at openings, I wonder?

4 Likes

They were still doing it 5 years back :woman_shrugging:t3:

Free booze and snacks is a win!

5 Likes

Nope.
This has been researched in the “Trigger’s Broom” scientific theorem.

5 Likes

As I like to say, the true art is being able to come up with bullshit that’s convincing enough for people to pay you for it.

1 Like

Now I won’t be able to tell how big the wall is in photographs. :confused:

6 Likes

Sarah Lucas’s “Two Fried Eggs and a Kebab” requires the eggs to be prepared and replaced every day. It was first exhibited in 1992- that’s a lot of eggs.

Lucas is also someone who appreciates the artistic impact of a banana:

5 Likes

What part of “just look at it” don’t these people get?

4 Likes

Thoroughly debunked in my paper, “On The Longevity Of My Grandfather’s Axe”.

3 Likes

Was your grandfather a shipwright?

4 Likes

Damien Hirst’s A Thousand Years also had a cycle of replacement maggots and the cow’s head was replaced with a taxidermy head because it had to be replaced every 72 hours.

4 Likes

I volunteer and I’m also on the board of a small, regional museum here in New Zealand.

http://goldenbaymuseum.org.nz

We collect artifacts and information regarding natural history, Maori history, settler history, industry, WW1, WW2, and recent events in our region of New Zealand.

US$120,000 is the equivalent of almost two years of our expenditures (employee salaries, rent, insurance, supplies, and fixtures such as heat pumps, computers, display cases, etc.)

Paying someone that much money for a f*ckin’ banana taped to a wall makes me want to go to that museum’s next board meeting and kick some people in the shin.

(Translated from Korean) “We have a visitor from a museum in New Zealand who asked to make a statement here at our board meeting. Welcome Mr. YankinNewZealand.”

##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”
##kick## “Ow!”

Me: “Thank you for your time.”