Steve Bannon surrenders to FBI on contempt charge

Oh, f&*$ fear. Living in fear is an utterly worthless state. Fear is supposed to motivate you, to either run away or to fight.

They revel in our fear, bickering, cynicism and doubt. If democracy is worth fighting for and defending, fight for it and defend it.

Call out the assholes who supported 1/6 atrocity. Make them own their shit.

10 Likes

I think one can both be afraid AND still be doing the hard work of trying to save us. It’s a scary time and there are scary things going on. I don’t think we should pretend otherwise.

14 Likes

i would think that if there really was a “deep state,” it would be able to, you know, “disappear him” without all the time-consuming, expensive legal processes – i mean, if they wanted to. bannon’s gonna grift all the way to the jail cell if they let him.

11 Likes

Ah, the Homer J. Simpson approach to house training puppies.

stink-1
stink-2

9 Likes

There’s a difference between fear and cowardice. A brave person isn’t a person who lacks fear, it’s a person who rises to action despite (or even because of) that fear.

Fear is the recognition we are living in dangerous times. If you’re not afraid right now you’re either living in denial or you’re one of the people creating the danger.

12 Likes

Every photo I’ve ever seen of him makes me think that they need to throw him into the drunk tank for a while so he can sober up.

3 Likes

He doesn’t. That’s just a security blanket the trump admin tugs on every time there might be a slight possibility of a hint of any kind of accountability.

“You can’t search me for evidence! I was touching home base!”

2 Likes

That’d kill him. You can’t detox severe alcoholics cold turkey. They get seizures and die.

Oh…

Yeah, seems like a good idea to me too.

10 Likes

If people haven’t read them; Michael Wolff’s trilogy about the Trump presidency is worth a read. Bannon runs like a malignant streak through all three (he was a major source for the second book), openly contemptuous of Trump and yet using him and his movement to further his own ambitions.

7 Likes

Legal folks say he’s likely to assert an “advice of counsel” defense, which is part of why he got a new lawyer (hilariously, a lawyer he publicly mocked on his own podcast just months ago).

Basically this means he’s going to say “I thought I didn’t have to comply with the subpoena because my old lawyer advised me that I was covered by Executive Privilege and thus legally not obligated to cooperate. I now understand that advice was wrong.” So throwing the old lawyer under the bus in the hopes that it buys him some lenience on the contempt charge.

8 Likes

Billable hours are billable hours, right?

Maybe require a jaw-droppingly large retainer if Donnie “two scoops for the twice impeached” Rotten claims that he will pay the bill…

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah. Count on it.

4 Likes

One has 100$ bills rolled up inside; one for nose candy (prison gold, Baby) and one to write his memoirs with.

From today’s press feeding:

“We got the Hispanics coming on our side, the African Americans coming on our side…” - Bannon

WTActualFk?

Dude is on crack. Chased with cheap ass Bourbon.

5 Likes

Will they please get on with it?

4 Likes

If the judge is worth a shit, they should go along with that, with the caveat that Bannon has to show up to testify before the committee and cooperate ASAP or face not just the existing charges but contempt of court and stay in jail until he complies.

8 Likes

Now now, let’s be fair. There’s a bit of an age gap between them. He thinks he’s superior to Denzel Washington and Mr. T for a more age appropriate comparison.

2 Likes

You know how it is with the deep state… even MORE bureaucracy than with the regular state… so much MORE paper work to fill out. So many more mid-level bureaucrats who have to sign off on such procedures. That’s really why Trump never got around to arresting Hilary Clinton - there was too much red tape he was fighting to cut through!

5 Likes

Less laundry too if he rotates the layers.

3 Likes

I lost count of how many Benghazi hearings they had her endure. Quite a few. I think it added up to 60+ hours?

8 Likes