Street artist erects a giant pink penis in New York City

Celebrating domosexuality?

5 Likes

The hots for Devo?

…or…

12 Likes

13 Likes

I love those medieval English church entrances with the double jambs, arched tops, and bulbously ornamental keystones. The architectural form’s reflection of the structural needs of the building is just so soul-satisfyingly pure and completely non-anthropomorphic!

4 Likes

… and??

1 Like

Dudes with jaundice now feel slighted.

Ce n’est pas un pénis.

5 Likes

Let’s put it middle and center of our most important meeting place, just to make it totally obvious…

5 Likes

Ours is bigger.

6 Likes

It even has a urethra! Number one!

6 Likes

And it would have been even bigger, if not for the opposition of the Southern states to have it made of obsidian, instead of white marble.

4 Likes

As someone who lives in a city of millions of people, that still has a vibrant downtown, I’m happy to report that building up instead of out has significant advantages. For one, we can still actually get locally-produced food because we haven’t turned all our farmland into low-density housing.

And contrary to @nojaboja’s statement, the vast majority of these buildings are indeed housing “the little people” here.

That being said, we are now, finally, seeing all sorts of decidedly non-phallic skyscrapers being built here. My understanding, though, is that this is due more to modern construction techniques allowing architects to try new, non-rectangular construction rather than a concerted effort for architects as a whole to stop erecting dicks.

That being said, for me personally, I’m all for domes or arches or spheres or cubes or whatever works, I’m just happy to see more thought being put into the green spaces around, and more recently, on these structures.

As for the topic at hand, Japan has lead the way for years with their Kanamara Matsuri festival that celebrates the penis, and fertility. I think we still have a ways to go in that regard. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Up vs out is how to combat the growing housing issues in some cities. Up vs out is one reason European cities are denser, and why the poor are less segregated and closer to the public amenities of the rich people maintain.

5 Likes

There must be room for compromise somewhere, maybe.

8 Likes

Taller than wider needn’t always bring anatomy to mind.

Unless we’re referring to those as the Peyronie’s Towers.

5 Likes

The colors they ended up with are very symbolic. See the color change up there near the tip? That cap symbolizes the level of competence, rectitude and dignity that We the People think we want from our political overlords. See how it turns sort of browner about a quarter of the way up the shaft? That is the highest level that’s actually been achieved. It’s sort of a special kind of thermometer of the body politic. The builders thought we might have to change the colors after the thing was finished, but so far it hasn’t been necessary.

3 Likes

But, remember, it is only 3/5 of what it could have been.

PS: on seeing the avatar of @orenwolf typing, I was afraid that he was going to stop our Innocents’ Day fun, but he went and wrote something serious. Let’s the fun continue…

5 Likes

thats_a_penis_reverse

8 Likes

Hey, if it fits…

4 Likes

I’m of the informed opinion that throughout human history, many men have been unusually obsessed with their dicks. There’s far more phallic architecture and art proliferated in the world than there is yonic.

­

­

­

­

­

­

13 Likes