Testing the "Show Full Post" button

I love this commentary on the latest BBshop gadget.

4 Likes

I tested a few and this looks fixed to me now.

For the curious, this was a minor bug related to removing the terms “blacklist” and “whitelist” from the Discourse site settings.

1 Like

Looks like the glitch is back. The full text of “Naming Inside Vladimir” had some extras when I read it.

5 Likes

For some reason Show Full Post is repeating the second image in all articles with more than one image.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Seeing this on Firefox on Windows 10, Safari on the iPad, and Chrome on the Android phone.

1 Like

yes. in both firefox81, and chrome85 on macos10.15.

[ ps: fwiw, the picture isn’t doubled in firefox’s “reader” view of the main article. i thought i read something in the thread earlier about “show full post” using something similar to reader to display the post. ]

[ pps: it looks like maybe in the original post, it’s not an image. it’s some sort of embed with script. it looks like (maybe) the “show full post” might be reading both the figure element’s img and the noscript element’s img. just a guess. @codinghorror ]

2 Likes

old Firefox on Android reporting.
yes, two second pictures in both of the links you posted.

1 Like

Okay, this double image thing is pretty horrific, especially on one of Rob’s posts.

@sam, @orenwolf

2 Likes

This one is, unfortunately, outside of my wheelhouse to fix. :frowning:

3 Likes

Figured as much, but I thought you probably know the appropriate people to talk to.

2 Likes

Wow with extra double this makes everything extra horrific. Made an internal TODO to get it sorted.

5 Likes

Thank you!!

4 Likes

So this is a new kind of failure. If you look at

and press “Show Full Post” most everything shows up fine, but the unordered list at the end of the original article doesn’t show up.

1 Like

Fun!

I’ll open a ticket with the Discourse folks about that, probably need to update the ever-delicate embed elements list.

4 Likes

@scossar Fixed us up, and this should now be corrected :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now the ordered list at the end of this post doesn’t show.

Edit: And it looks like it’s working again. Thanks for the quick fix.

1 Like

I don’t see a “Show Full Post” button on the first post of this topic.

Checked with Firefox and Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop and Safari on my iPad.

3 Likes

confirmed using FF on Android phone

2 Likes

Show full post is malfunctioning again…

4 Likes

Same again:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, the Discourse team is aware and they’re working on a fix. It will not be immediate though, more data is required.

7 Likes