The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

10 Likes

That was the part that disturbed me also. And the claim that kids in general today are unhappy and anxious because they don’t learn responsibility and duty and belonging like those in large families is enraging.

If having more children truly makes the women in the profile more happy, fine. But a Bronze Age text is no basis for a 21st century lifestyle.

12 Likes

There were layers of awful in the belief structure of the women profiled. That one boggled me tho. Kids who have strong attachments to peers and teachers don’t feel a sense of community? They are raised to be too individualistic? By having close ties to the community outside their homes?!
I’m guessing “individualism” probably means something different to them, failure to conform to the family model. An exposure to outside ideas creating the desire to create one’s own moral code and one’s own life choices. Or understanding things these women and their husbands would prefer remain hidden and secret, like queerness.

My spouse grew up in larger family with a very religious conservative culture. The only reason there were not 8 children is because of fertility issues. He spent his childhood around a lot of the quiverfull-type of families. Homeschooling. All the things these women profess is the true path to happiness. Maybe the moms were happy? His wasn’t and he knows because he was forced into the role of her therapist.
The kids certainly were not happy. Almost none of his siblings or anyone he knew in other families chose to continue that way once they were adults.

13 Likes
12 Likes

About to debate whether states can commit manslaughter, more like.

13 Likes

Doesn’t “manslaughter” require action of some type?. This is more like obscene depraved indifference, I think. Even more horrifying in many ways.

5 Likes

:grimacing:

9 Likes
14 Likes

11 Likes

Well, here you go. Yet another reason to keep women in the kitchen!

Keeping those useless eaters alive, cutting hospital profits, just useless all around!!

(/s, if anyone was wondering…)

15 Likes

GOP-controlled Arizona House votes to repeal Civil War-era abortion ban

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4618098-arizona-house-votes-repeal-civil-war-era-abortion-ban/

The Arizona House on Wednesday passed legislation that would repeal the state’s 1864 near-total abortion ban, as Republicans joined with all the chamber’s Democrats.

Wednesday was the third attempt to vote in as many weeks, as Republicans had successfully blocked Democrats’ last two attempts.

The bill passed 32-28. Republican state Reps. Tim Dunn and Justin Wilmeth joined Rep. Matt Gress (R) and all Democrats to pass the bill.

Bet that if this were not an election year it would have stayed on the books permanently.

16 Likes

Hide and watch as the usual suspects make this into a very, very bad thing.

14 Likes

Because it means less “stars” for trashy Teen Mom ‘reality’ tv shows?

Asshats.

8 Likes

Because “white women are not having enough babies!! Great replacement!! Trad wives!!” And such similar bullshit.

12 Likes

Oh I know: I was just being a smartass.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Moreover, this isn’t so much a change of heart by AZ Republicans about their forced-birth policies. It’s more like a dog with enough sense to let go of the bumper of the speeding car that it caught up to.

12 Likes
12 Likes
14 Likes

Because it’s never a good idea to leave when you are pregnant, of course.

14 Likes