This bizarre anti-masturbation video can't be real, but it is

Way before. It’s a biblical name. Atwood and the JWs are drawing from the same source.

2 Likes

I think the weird cuts are because this is a trailer for the YouTube expose. The actual content is real.

3 Likes

Saw those hills in this video, and all I could think was “Damn, Miscavige could use a mudslide”…Must be an SP.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Catholic priests in Poland really like to use this term. They also like to ask young boys about it during individual confession. It’s more than a bit creepy in my opinion.
The term itself seems deliberately designed to have as bad connotations as possible, like term “thought-crime” in Orwell’s 1984.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m not catholic myself, but for some reason or other I only ever had catholic girlfriends; and I was given to understand that the MO is to make up some sins to confess, and keep the real ones to yourself.
But then again, that may have been due to the special blend of catholicism we have around here, Rheinisch-Katholisch.

4 Likes

This is how I always did it myself, when I was catholic :slight_smile:

Also, LOL @ “Agony Aunt” tab on the Daily Mash site you linked. I have to give that name to some character in my video game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

9 Likes

But did you see their collars?
They’re “POPPED”!

1 Like

The Witnesses have been particularly fortunate with real estate. Their old HQ was on the Brooklyn waterfront (ever saw those “Watchtower” signs by the Brooklyn Bridge? the ones that supposedly inspired Bob Dylan to write “All Along the Watchtower”?) and they’ve been selling it off for the last decade or two for enormous amounts of money, enabling them to significantly expand their Patterson, NY HQ, which is featured in the drone footage. Like the old Brooklyn facilities, the Patterson facilities have a lovely (but quite different) view, as they’re perched on a ridge with a gorgeous open view of the valley to the west. It’s right on NY-22, which we drive pretty often, and the sunsets are beautiful at that particular spot.

2 Likes

Dolphins, nature’s horny douchebags.

2 Likes

I live in Brooklyn, and used to work in midtown Manhattan so would peek in the windows everyday from the Q/B train, mind a-boggling that JWs could own such a huge footprint of Brooklyn real estate and do what appeared to be fuck-all with it. Coincidentally, we spent a few months last year looking at houses in Putnam valley, specifically a few in Patterson, all in spitting distance of beautiful horse farms. I must say, if you’re looking for the face of god writ in the landscape, it’s not the worst place to look…

4 Likes

The white guy was a pillow fucker from way back.

1 Like

Is there not treacle at Gilead?

— Jeremiah 8:22, Bishops’ Bible of 1540 (a.k.a. the Treacle Bible)

2 Likes

I see. A religious organization discouraging masturbation really isn’t noteworthy though. I grew up going to Catholic schools and heard the same message. Now, if they released a video promoting masturbation that would be something!

4 Likes

It’s the informal title in England and some other places for advice columnists like Ann Landers.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/agony_aunt

5 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t know that. Considering typical quality of both questions and advice, it’s perfectly descriptive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep. The Brits come up with some good slang sometimes. At least they do when they’re not getting all Cockney and rhyming.

3 Likes
1 Like