Today's mass shootings

Nope, nope, nopety nope.

I carried concealed for a couple years way back when. Starting the day after I saw a shotgun from two very very wrong vantage points whilst working at a convenience store. If the “weight” of that thing on your hip doesn’t negatively effect you, then you were already negatively affected.

1 Like

Two mass shootings just days apart. Experts call it a return to normal. (aol.com)

A normal I could certainly wish would change permanently, but unlikely to happen.

11 Likes

I don’t know the stats on that, but I do know where I grew up, guns were carried by everyone almost everywhere. Often concealed. To church, the grocery store, sometimes teachers had them in schools, etc.

1 Like

I hear you.

2 Likes

Wow. Cannot identify with that at all, and I grew up in WV!

7 Likes

Where I grew up in Eastern Kentucky there were the folks with the back window gun racks, but I never saw people wearing holsters. Most of my family and friends had plenty of guns, and there might have been a pistol in the glove compartment, but wearing one everywhere? Nah.

It’s just the ludicrous idea that a mask is unduly troublesome and an unconstitutional imposition, but they can turn around and suggest buying everyone a Glock and implying it is a duty to carry it.

Imagine how differently all these “Karen” situations would end up… :anguished:

2 Likes

Got stuck living in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for two years as a kid. Lots of filled gun racks in trucks (and sometimes cars), but only recall seeing open carried pistols at the stock yards. Super fancy (and expensive) revolvers - definitely worn as an accessory to the overall cowboy cosplay these rich dudes were engaged in.

5 Likes

I mean I think the thing to remember is that concealed means concealed. If it’s done right, you don’t know who’s carrying. You only know if you went to the same classes with them and/or see them in the gun shop and you’re buying holsters or something. Or they tell you. But the whole point in concealed is that you don’t know.

Near miss?

Police: Suspect arrested at UK Hospital with firearms, body armor, possible explosives (lex18.com)

(Univ of Kentucky, not United Kingdom)

8 Likes
2 Likes

I’m old enough (and maybe went to a high school that was good old boy enough, the principal had multiple deer heads mounted in his office) to remember kids driving pickups to school with gun racks, with guns in them, though they were hunting rifles, as you never knew when a deer might run out in front of you…

4 Likes

I mean you don’t need to be old to have that happen :smiley: Where I grew up and graduated high school 25 years ago still allows students to have guns in their cars so long as their car keys are checked in with the principal.

1 Like

Interesting day. Sometimes the worst doesn’t happen…

5 Likes
20 Likes

Yup, getting back to normal

As an aside, the VA Beach police tipline is 1-800-LOCK-U-UP? I am thinking that was not well thought through.

16 Likes

A narrow miss from another Responsible Gun Owner™:

27 Likes

Can’t wait for the organs of the Right to somehow blame this on the weed.

10 Likes

All while Yackety Sax played in the background…

8 Likes
8 Likes

The motive is: I killed who I wanted to kill, so I might as well have fun taking out more people because I know I’m going to be dead soon anyway.

Plenty of women grow up in abusive homes, but they don’t go on killing sprees.

18 Likes