Today's mass shootings

I watched the arraignment of the parents on CNN yesterday morning. Mom came across as all “Please take pity on me”, dad seemed angry at The System for arresting them.

This was a day after one of my students asked for an extension on an assignment. I, of course, inquired, expecting the usual “ran out of time” explanation. Turns out this student was a recent graduate of Oxford High, had a parent who is currently teaching there, has a younger sibling still attending there, and was a friend of one of the victims. (The family members are all safe and unharmed, thank God.)

I cannot imagine having to go through what this student has gone through this week, but I at least have the power to make sure this class isn’t one of the things they have to worry about right now.

As for the shooter’s parents, at the moment, rotting in Hell sounds like a good start. I don’t normally wish bad outcomes on people, but right now I am having some difficulty staying calm and collected. Grrr.

21 Likes

Sadly, this person had the perfect response to that politician’s family Christmas card begging for ammo:

22 Likes

Sad Meme GIF by Travis

Just no other response.

17 Likes

10 Likes
15 Likes

It almost happened again.

9 Likes

Authorities: Teens charged in trespassing case were in ‘planning stage of school shooting’

14 Likes

If anyone is interested, that 15 year old in MIchigan has a hearing today and it appears they are showing it live. The parents will also be in court today but with a different judge. I don’t know if they are showing that one.

1 Like

I’m glad they were stopped, but fuck…

12 Likes

Gee, I wonder which two out of the four are the murder-supporting parents, and which are the law-abiding public defenders?

You’d think they would be able to understand that showing contempt in court by not wearing their masks correctly won’t win them any favors with the judge.

10 Likes

Maybe they are cuffed? Otherwise, totally on brand.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Just up 81 from us. Good Samaritans get hurt again.

9 Likes

Worth it, ammosexuals?

11 Likes

Oh, come on - it’s not like we’re talking lawn darts.

7 Likes

War is peace!

5 Likes

Been there many times. I had a friend who lived two blocks away.

10 Likes

I’m kind of surprised Portland, Oregon isn’t mentioned more here. We have two or three “hundred plus round” events a month and have for the past year and a half. The latest:

8 Likes

Since no one has been injured or killed in these weird events, I created a topic separate from the mass shooting topic, since there’s a definition for “mass shooting” that means at least 4 people shot or killed.

7 Likes

“Responsible gun owner” might as well be synonymous with “Moloch Worshipper” in the U.S.

10 Likes