Trump admits firing Comey to impede investigation into "Trump and Russia"

It’s not Godwinning if it’s true. :sob:

16 Likes

Wanna see something scary? Here’s one list of symptoms, straight up, from an Alzheimer’s group:

• Poor judgment.
  • Loss of empathy.
  • Socially inappropriate behavior.
  • Lack of inhibition.
  • Repetitive compulsive behavior. [Remember the pacing during the debates? Also, another source notes that this may include compulsively repeating “catch-phrases” when speaking]
  • Inability to concentrate or plan.
  • Frequent, abrupt mood changes.
  • Speech difficulties.

Another list for Pick’s Disease, again untrimmed, breaks it down as:

• inappropriate social behavior;
  • lack of social tact;
  • lack of empathy;
  • distractability;
  • loss of insight into the behaviors of oneself and others;
  • an increased interest in sex;
  • changes in food preferences;
  • agitation or, conversely, blunted emotions;
  • neglect of personal hygiene;
  • repetitive or compulsive behavior;
  • decreased energy and motivation.
10 Likes

I say the scotch-taped tie counts.

11 Likes

Why not both? :joy:

6 Likes

Hmmm.

But what are the simptoms for Prick’s Disease?
I’m pretty sure he has that too.

21 Likes

Yeah but from what I’ve gathered, Trump’s been acting nearly all of those ways his entire adult life.

15 Likes

Jared Kushner couldn’t plan his way out of a paper bag. He learned one lesson, to keep his mouth shut when he has no idea what the grown-ups are talking about, and he’s good at applying it, but the first derivative of his learning curve is zero

15 Likes

“They are more informative than mainstream news, and more popular”. They being the comedic TV personalities…

And they have more courage than gutless empty suits that just play a journalist on TV

8 Likes

You asked about the 25th amendment. That is for the scenario where the president is unable to discharge the duties of office. And it requires the VP plus a majority of the Cabinet. But they would only do this if 45 was literally unable to be president, like maybe if he started to show clear signs of dementia. (Some people think it’s clear already, but I don’t want to get into that.)

For crimes, there is of course impeachment. They have to be “high” crimes, whatever that means. 67 or more senators agree.

There is still, I suppose, a small probability that 45 is neither demented nor criminal, but just so incredibly stupid that he doesn’t understand how much damage he self-inflicted on his presidency. But I’ve never seen him as particularly stupid. I’m almost positive now there’s a real fire under all the smoke.

4 Likes

I was going to strike only “biases” but then I realized 45 does not understand

5 Likes

Trump calling somebody else a showboat is like a big showboating fuckface calling somebody else a showboat.

18 Likes

You do have to give him credit here, he actually is pretty expert at showboating.

7 Likes

I think we’re dealing with more of a Don Corleone sort of thing.

Don Corleorange.

21 Likes

Showboaty McShowboatface?

16 Likes

He’d have at least one fan!

11 Likes

He doesn’t need more fans, he blows too much already.

9 Likes

Thank you for the explanation, but I actually didn’t ask about the 25th. I stated that I had read about it, was not an expert, and wondered if the situation had altered because the article I linked was written in February. I was also wholly capable of previously understanding what @Wanderfound surmised:

I suppose I was asking the impossible, which is for someone, anyone, to lay out the Tarot and know what, specifically, Trump could do that was so egregious that Congress would feel compelled to act or the 25th would be invoked. I’m in a spiral of fear, mostly due to too much watching/reading and was grasping at sticks on the edge of quicksand.

ETA: If you ever want to know what it’s like to have stuff explained to you when you don’t need it to be done, this would be it.

8 Likes

I found @Wanderfound to be confusing on that, since invoking the 25th is not up to Congress. Sorry if I’m not telling you anything new.

What I’d say to you is, it’s happening! This Comey firing is the sort of thing for which you ask, no?

1 Like

Yes, please. I need perspective. Is this actually something monumental or is it more grandstanding on the part of pundits and Democrats?

6 Likes

He looks pretty high to me. And there’s definitely lots of crimes.

3 Likes