Trump: 'Alt-left' attacked in Charlottesville, 'both sides' to blame for deadly violence

Doesn’t have to be active.

1 Like

Yeah, never let the perfect be the enemy of the good and all that, but surely it’s worth the extra hassle?

4 Likes

I’m not walking that dope all the way to Mordor!

2 Likes

Bronze musketballs?

22 Likes

I want those to be real, so I can buy one.

1 Like

This is hilarious since alt-left is a term that centrist Democrats seem to love to use it for anyone that supports single payer healthcare. Especially since some DNC wingnuts are now saying anyone that supports single payer is racist (not kidding about this, I’ve seen tweets that outright state this).

2 Likes

FALSE EQUIVALENCE! Washington and Jefferson were much more than JUST slave owners, and the Confederacy was NOTHING MORE than a traitorous attempt to destroy this country in order to preserve slavery.

5 Likes

Thanks @Kathy Padilla ! For the photo of our Nation fighting the Nazis.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Oh, bless your heart. I do admire your optimism, though.

2 Likes

tRump is a true believer in Whataboutism…

9 Likes

George Washington was the kind of slave owner who led the Army of the United States, not the kind that took up arms against the Army of the United States.

2 Likes

1 Like

Or even if I take the absolute worst version of the anti-white supremacists:

Anti-white supremacists: We are going to kill the white supremacists.

White surpemacists: We are going to kill the anti-white supremacists… and the blacks and the Jews.

I don’t think anyone should kill anyone, but how are those two things the same?!?

2 Likes

This segment started as a rationalization for Trump and ended by rationalizing slavery.

Can anyone remember an example of any “Lamestream Media” pundits who jumped to defend Obama and segued into a defense of fascism or slavery or genocide? I hear tell that both sides are equally bad.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Excellent! I’ve been saying for a long time that those who aren’t on the right should stop acquiescing to their preferred terminology.

9 Likes

Emphatically seconded.

They aren’t Conservatives; they’re Fascists.

They aren’t Social Conservatives; they’re bigots.

They aren’t pro-life; they’re pro-forced-birth.

They aren’t fighting for “religious freedom”; they’re trying to impose theocracy.

…and none of that will ever reach the mainstream media. But at least they could stop enthusiastically accepting every new bit of Orwellian spin the moment it is issued.

8 Likes

Well, being pedantic - he did take up arms against the state he was actually a member of.

If he’d failed in his armed insurrection, he’d be just as reviled as many would like the Confederates to be.

1 Like