Trump: 'Alt-left' attacked in Charlottesville, 'both sides' to blame for deadly violence

Makes for better television.

2 Likes

“What about in 1980, when two men, dressed in black, tried to run down a peaceful Nazi parade in Illinois. Let me tell you, let me tell you, where were the progressives then? Obama.”

/s

5 Likes

I’m surprised the religious right would stand behind that example. Those men were on a mission from God.

8 Likes

I just married a nice Canadian too! We need to start some kind of club. We’re headed North within a year or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe read my post– I didn’t say that.

I know. The other two thirds of your nascent club did.

1 Like

Well, we have our first meeting topic then. Seriously though… Maybe respond to them and leave me out of it?

1 Like

Or you could’ve called them on it.

Bravo!

1 Like

Memorial service for woman killed in Charlottesville protest

http://wtop.com/wtop-live-audio-events/

4 Likes

1 Like

I’m not the droid you’re looking for.

1 Like

Based on the too-[unintelligible]-to-be-true principle: is that real? What’s the source on that photo?

I already had. <–in response to your edited-out command that I move on

I’m not out to attack anyone in particular, only to point out some egregious nomenclature.

Thank you for acknowledging in the midst of all that the validity of the simple point I meant to make.

2 Likes

AP photo in origin

2 Likes

Congratulations! Marrying someone is the easiest way to get your residency (though hopefully, you have other reasons to marry, too).

Beware, though, lately, the US press likes to portray Canada as a liberal utopia, with a good looking Prime Minister, free health care, friendly Mounties, and soon to be legal pot. We’ve still got lots of problems, but nowhere near the scale and the stupidity of our southern neighbours.

3 Likes

Hmm. Are Catholics part of that “White Club” of theirs now?

1 Like

Hi, I’m not trying to fight with you. I’m personally uncomfortable using the word “girl” for women my age, but I don’t always feel a duty to police the boards, especially in this instance. If you wish to do that, that’s ok, but please direct your comments at the perpetrators. You would have found me more receptive had you been a bit more cordial in your approach… I don’t know about you, but when I get a snarky comment I tend to go into “defense mode.” As to the other issue, I was trying to quote starwars with “Move along,” but when I read it back to myself it sounded gross. Sorry for that.

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, immigration wasn’t on my mind when we met obviously :slight_smile: I’d actually prefer to stay here in the states, but it’s financially unrealistic and the social support will be much better for having a family in BC. As a California boy it will be an adjustment, but I’m looking forward to that sweet low-population density!

1 Like

My use of the word “girl” was to imply that when I met her, we were both young enough (barely 21), that I think it was appropriate. I was still a “boy”. Though re-reading my comment, I can understand how that nuance was not explicit enough.

5 Likes

Noted, m’lord.

2 Likes