Trump complains Puerto Ricans "want everything to be done for them"

9 Likes

What’s the Spanish for Waterloo?

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’m so tired of this guy. can’t somebody please do something?

3 Likes

6 Likes

Minor correction, you’re thinking of Jackson, not Johnson.

7 Likes

I can’t stand people who want everything to be done for them.

20 Likes

See, he does have black friends! They’re the ones who scrub that golden toilet!

3 Likes

I think he will be President as long as he wants to be. Fortunately he’s pretty old, so I can’t see him keeping the job for more than 10-12 years.

1 Like

Ten years ago, if Trump was President, he would’ve vented his frustrations to his staff, his wife, his kids, Howard Stern, or anyone who’d listen. And then eventually his press secretary would make a blandly asinine statement that’s not all that offensive.

Thanks to Twitter, we get his bigoted nonsense on full unfiltered blast as he grabs his phone as soon as something bugs him. This will be tough to live down, I think it’ll really impact him (I hope).

I’m sure Tucker Carlson will figure out a way to spin it as “look at all the good things Trump’s doing for Puerto Rico already!” but I don’t see how anyone, liberal or conservative, can think these comments are helpful or anything but a disaster.

7 Likes

3.41 million Americans will never ever forget it.

5 Likes

Handing out solar lanterns, I like her! (Far better than candles when there’s no phone/fire department.)

7 Likes

Far more than that. A good friend of mine has family in Puerto Rico, so we’re hearing everything first-hand as it happens. Every Puerto Rican immigrant will never forget this, every one of their families, their friends, the people they know. This all feels like Trump’s just realizing that these are actual Americans he’s insulting.

10 Likes

I wonder who will get the blame as he realizes he’s tied his own shoelaces together.

Everyone on the ground is trying their hardest. I suspect PR will be stronger for this, because there is no way we’re letting them wither.

5 Likes

Even a guy who spent most of his life prepping for the End Times understands the suffering in PR more than the president* does:

7 Likes

I read that, and I saw a guy who must have actually seen something this season worse than he had imagined for his own future, and that counts as and opens doors to empathy.

Good for that guy, at least for now! Good story.

3 Likes

Huh, I bet she was born in the US. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Like many Puerto Ricans, she left the island to pursue opportunities on the mainland, earning a bachelor’s in political science at Boston University and a master’s in public management and policy at Carnegie Mellon.

She stayed on the mainland for many years, according to her official biography, and worked her way up to the position of human resources director at several companies, including Scotiabank and the U.S. Treasury Department.

She might be overqualified. :wink:

5 Likes

Goodness no, not another expert! Haven’t we had enough of them in the West?

3 Likes

Sounds like she’d make a good Senator, or Ambassador, at least!

2 Likes