Trump cranks up the crazy to 11 in this ABC interview. Highlights and full transcript

Them.

26 Likes

15% of his voters will claim to have seen this happen. Some of them will even insist they’ve bought gold unicorn scat from Glenn Beck.

16 Likes

Hey, I wholeheartedly agree there needs to be WAY more people voting. Some physically couldn’t, some were turned away, some ran into the voting rules or changed polling places. But there were a lot more who insisted their vote didn’t count or just couldn’t be arsed to get out and vote. THOSE are the people to point at.

7 Likes

Jesus. 9/11 must have been really beneficial for Trump.

4 Likes
4 Likes

you think that’s bad? he’s already made the day ( retroactively ) a national holiday.

regarding the interview overall, one thing i don’t like is asking for proof of voting fraud. doing so gives them the wiggle room to go and “investigate.” in republican friendly states we easily could see a voter purge. if you’re a person of color that shares your name with a dead person or a felon, if you moved and didn’t update your address, etc. – poof, you’re no longer registered to vote. ( this happened on a smaller scale during bush v. gore in florida when they purged their rolls using the names of texas felons. )

basically, i feel like: everyone knows he’s wrong, please please please stop asking him for proof. it’s giving them exactly what they want.

9 Likes

I was wondering if you might clarify what you mean?

First, “Yeah, wow so true,” I’m a fan of sarcasm myself but was wondering exactly what it was you were implying was not true. @LDoBe made several statements. Are you disputing them all or were you taking exception to one in particular?

“he’s been there a week look at the damage” Most people here seem to be talking about the seemingly unhinged fantasising that POTUS is engaging in.

It’s not the case that any damage he’s done is beside the point, I mean, we could talk about that if you like, but rather that the central point is that he seems a little mentally fragile.
Maybe that’s too strong, I don’t mean to imply that he’s senile or that he suffers from any mental illness, rather that he’s indulging in narcissistic fantasises concerning trivial situations.

Is it a leap too far to imagine that he might do the same, or worse, under higher-pressure situations?

Like, way higher pressure.

11 Likes

I am sure this has something to do with neurone density for proprioception or… maybe action potential complexity for nerve clusters?

Don’t all of the big bits grow out of the same neural tissue or something?

#offtopic

Compare and contrast:

9 Likes

take me to the zombie circuit

i think it should really be a national holiday. or, i hear as is the case in oregon, a mail in ballot. by design, there are places with really long lines and places that are hard to get to. if you’re juggling one or more jobs, a family, need a car, and so on: it’s not always as easy as it seems.

add to that the fact gerrymandering and the electoral college both really discourage voting. i can’t count the number of times i’ve heard people say: it doesn’t matter if i vote, my state ( or district ) always goes [insert color here]. and they are right!

more people should vote, but i don’t think we can entirely blame voters when there are incumbents who are gaming the system to keep themselves in power.

9 Likes

What the actual fuck did I just read. Almost none of it made any sense at all.

14 Likes

Beck has apparently had something of a change of heart lately.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/tag/the-real-story-of-2016/

Read this series, starting from the bottom (“the real story …”) and working up (I … II … III …).

Silver was very clear throughout the campaign that a Trump victory was unlikely, but not outside the realms of the implausible.

4 Likes

I mute the audio when he starts to come on the radio, I don’t watch tv, certainly not tv news where they play clips of him, and I didn’t play any of the embedded video here – I just read the words.

The more you can keep him out of your head the better, seriously. At this point I’m not even sure if I’m going to watch the comedians’ take on the whole situation – for the same reason you pointed out, it’s just too depressing.

12 Likes

I hate to say it, but I’ve cut way back on listening to NPR since the inauguration. I can stand reading about him, but I don’t want his voice in my head.

13 Likes

MUIR: I want to ask you about something bigger here.
TRUMP [perturbed]: There’s nothing bigger. There’s nothing bigger.

Button, pushed.

14 Likes

He is a reality TV psuedo celebrity, a capitalist with no morals or ethics, a clown in an orange hat. However he knows exactly what hes doing. he feeds off of people insecurities and fears. He has said and done things that would have gotten people IMPEACHED yet here he is the president of the united states. The more we react the more we feed the fire…as long as he inflames and plays the role of agitator he will continue to deepen the divide between the people and foster hatred. if we keep buying tickets to this circus it will never stop.

4 Likes

Impeachment is always political, and never about actual crimes. If a 2/3 majority of Congress wants to impeach, they will find a reason. If the President is useful to them, he can get away with Iran-Contra. Even if there’s a Democratic wave in 2018, will there be enough members who are hurt by Trump, compared to members who find him useful?

7 Likes