Trump doesn't trust Secret Service to keep him safe

My point exactly

Made me think of

7 Likes

This can’t be repeated enough.

11 Likes

But Fox News says he has like a 90% approval rating? And no one has done more for African Americans! What is he worried about?

15 Likes

Barricading himself in the people’s house, and a house built by slaves, to hide from protestors seeking to end racial inequality and injustice. I don’t know what more I could say about it beyond that.

18 Likes

Fatima Mansions has been coming in useful lately…

9 Likes

As much as I would like to see that outcome, I really hope it doesn’t come from that group. Setting the precedent of the use of force by unaccountable portions of the state apparatus has a tendency to go really bad, the type of bad that would have most of us begging for a return to 2020. Civil wars are bad. Civil wars in major empires tend to be worse, simply due to the amount of resources available. We don’t have a scale for civil war in a global superpower with nukes.

7 Likes

Eastern Germany rebranded the Iron Curtain as not something to keep the oppressed citizenry in the country but as something to keep the enemy out. They called it the “anti-fascist protection wall” (antifaschistischer Schutzwall).

Maybe we can do a similar switcheroo for this.

We can even keep the name.

8 Likes

Remember this prediction he made in 2016?

11 Likes

Louis XVI had 800 Swiss guards at the Tuileries as his Secret Service equivalent. Six hundred of them died defending him from the mob in 1792.

I doubt that a gang of Blackwater mercenaries would show that degree of loyalty. Personally, I’d stick with the professionals.

20 Likes

Are they? I haven’t read anything indicating their political leanings. I just know they are usually pretty nonpartisan in public (for obvious reasons).

Certainly the agency as an organization has had its disputes with Trump’s folks in the past.

7 Likes

MtRushmore

4 Likes
11 Likes

do you think trump remembers when this happened?

4 Likes

Isn’t that what the Swiss Guard carry?

11 Likes

So are these barriers going to be a good surface to project images on?

6 Likes

I bet Erik Prince drools at the thought of providing Trump with a Praetorian guard of unaccountable, trigger-happy mercs.

14 Likes

He wasn’t born then.

Trump should remember how and when Nicolae Ceaușescu died though, and how quickly he went from being the most powerful person in his country to being executed.

15 Likes

Oh they (we) will be paying fore the golf carts again alright.

3 Likes

But Trump is by nature both lazy and abusive to those who work with/for him.

I doubt he has gone through the effort to vet Secret Service agents beyond, “you won’t tell the public about the hookers, right?”

6 Likes