Trump encourages election interference in Iowa

It occurs to me that the sample used to illustrate the phrase is a very unfortunate one.

2 Likes

Yeah. Phrasing!

3 Likes

That’s the same phrase I picked up on.
Weird way to describe it.
I don’t know if it has the same meaning elsewhere as it does here in the UK.

(It’s not like we’re discussing royalty).

2 Likes

Drawing on the ‘coined once’ meaning, it’s been used in encryption terminology for a while now:

8 Likes

That’s much nicer, ta.

2 Likes

Well TIL! That said I can never use that knowledge in public unless I really want to sow confusion/be an edgelord!

2 Likes

The Expanse Scifi GIF by SYFY

1 Like

Errrrr… AI mediated thread divergence?
(Sorry for the derail, just had to share these particular nuggets of AI :brain::dash:)

1 Like

Seriously though, WTF was he talking about? Was there and electromagnet that got water in it and short out and stopped working and that’s why he things magnets don’t work with water??

2 Likes

i dunno… :person_shrugging:t2:
i have a large-ish magnet we drag the canals with to pick up trash - fish lures and tackle, license plates, bicycle frame, scrap - once found some keys for a guy who dropped them off his boat.
it ain’t electromagnet, but it works in salt water. that dude’s just speaking the random misfires of an addled brain. (or should i say, adderalled?)

7 Likes

Ive seen magnet fishing - it looks fun, but I don’t need another thing I do a handful of times and then stop… only to occasionally do it later. I got metal detecting for that.

2 Likes

Babbling, drooling, and flies buzzing about him as they wheelbarrow him onto the stage.

3 Likes

Magneto’s secret weakness is water?

He’s certainly been keeping that under his helmet!

1 Like

Please don’t- some of us use that stuff to be able to join society.

3 Likes

understood.
i also realize there is no definitive proof to that widely overused rumor.
you will not see that from me again. thank you for the call out. i can do better.

2 Likes

I mean… if you drink enough of it it will kill you. Or hold his head under it long enough…

3 Likes

“Nonce word” is a perfectly acceptable and normal term of art in linguistics.

9 Likes

Ah, a burner word.

7 Likes

Do us a favor and put down the Corona before posting next time. Or, use [EN] spell check. And yes, please do tell us more about the majority of USAians.

2 Likes