Trump hosts press event from tiny table, then rants on Twitter

Nope. He and his minions are going to be engaging in vandalism and treachery right up until 11:59:59 on 20 January. But the clock is ticking:

23 Likes

I think the resistance also slowly removed American flags from the background as well.

10 Likes

Also included:

10 Likes
16 Likes

Another example:

I’m sure there will also be a whole raft of executive orders that will make it more difficult for Biden to enact environmental and Covid-related public health measures. Plus the worst examples of this kind of petty vandalism of this sort:

16 Likes

Every day brings news of some new effort to cut back on environmental protections. https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/11/27/migratory-bird-treaty-act/

16 Likes

Under interior’s proposed rule, companies and individuals would not face prosecution if they “incidentally” killed birds — even scores of them — in the course of their operations.

this, from the idiot that railed on and on about “cancer-causing windmills killing thousands and thousands of birds, beautiful birds, unacceptable. windmills bad…”
unbelievable.

21 Likes

Yeah, the desk is funny, but I especially like how, after attacking Democrats for being anti-Thanksgiving (Republicans claiming Democrats are waging a “war on Thanksgiving” is apparently a thing, now), he failed to wish anyone a happy Thanksgiving on the day, even at this Thanksgiving event.

And where the previous two presidents spent Thanksgiving eve visiting the troops, Trump golfed. He eventually called the troops in Afghanistan but, because he’d been golfing all day, it was 1:30 am their time when he finally did. It’s amazing how these Republican claims - Democrats are anti-holiday, anti-troops - keep running directly counter to reality, yet the narratives, which were obviously absurd to begin with, get accepted by Republican voters. It really shows how Democrats hoping to win over Republican voters with their actions are wasting their time.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he tried to steal the Resolute desk before he left office.

I’ve had trouble reconciling Trump’s lack of self-awareness and lack of competence, with the assertion that he’s “playing the fool” (which is part of what makes him so impervious to satire). Both do seem to be true. Then I realized that although he’s putting on a performance, and that performance is absolutely clowning, he doesn’t realize he’s a clown. He probably thinks he’s being a cool, funny guy. And it’s not so much instinct as years of running a kind of “dumb AI” feedback loop - he tries various things, he gets a “positive” response, he does more of that. He’s largely (or almost entirely) unaware of what he’s become as a result.

28 Likes

What does he do if the phone rings?

14 Likes

Perhaps they were moved to make a better photo. After all, a big desk is as much of a status symbol for Xi as it is for Trump.

4 Likes

^^THIS^^

21 Likes

it’s very nice cnn’s gone out of their way to normalize a moment that says so much about the incompetency of the administration… having a rationalization doesn’t explain the stupidity fundamental to the choice itself.

10 Likes

I liked the comparison to a party where the kid is too much of a trouble-maker to sit at the kids table, but not really old enough for the grown-ups table, so they give him his own table in a separate room.

11 Likes

Or one of the tenders, behind. (He HAS got a tender behind, hasn’t he.) :wink:

4 Likes

Fake picture! Fake! Fake! Obvious fake!

Mind you, if both of the dolls had been blonde, I might have believed it.

4 Likes

Appears to be the case and it’s regularly used it seems for various signing events… I think it looks so tiny and weird in this case here because there is no one around the president, when normally it looks something like this. It somehow magnifies the tininess of the thing.

But I’m happy for the memes to flow!

27 Likes

It seems size jokes are old.

https://www.boredpanda.com/tiny-donald-trump-photoshop-battle-tinytrumps/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

14 Likes

right. and isn’t that the point? it’s not a desk that you give a press conference at. especially in a building that houses plenty of desks and lecterns you can give a press conference yet.

it’s not the desk that’s ridiculous. it’s trump.

16 Likes

17 Likes

Apparently no one at the White House understands optics. The Mussolini on the balcony was a bad look - this is arguably even worse. I swear the way it’s going we’ll end up getting a picture of him taking a dump on the Resolute desk on his way out.

7 Likes