Trump, on coronavirus deaths: 'A lot of people love me... I guess I’m here for a reason.'

The Scottish Herald TV Listings had a stab at this waaay back.

50 Likes

Its funny. Wasn’t long ago that Europe was claiming that the US travel ban was completely unfair.

1 Like

@anon2148050 Regan was Anti-Stem Cell Research until it suited him personally to flip-flop. I’d go with Chaotic Selfish.

21 Likes

I think the best part of this gif is that a Chihuahua is a MEXICAN dog breed.

8 Likes

I see autocorrect messed up Lesion again. :wink:

9 Likes

He’s not that bad, this was actually 4 years ago! Things have improved!!

15 Likes

Ah, good ol’ Trump 5:9:
Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” “My name is Lesion,” The impeached, manifestly unfit President replied “for I disgust many.”

13 Likes

It only takes a few, and by the time the China “ban” was implemented it had already spread to other countries that weren’t part of the ban. Travel bans might slow the spread of the virus and reduce so-called seeding, but its what you do next that really matters.

Pointing it out to Trump repeatedly is a waste of time. Repeatedly pointing it out to the public might be more effective.

8 Likes

That’s also when the Federal run mental hospitals closed and all those people ended up on the streets.

Reagan was just a politer version of Trumpy.

10 Likes

The true horror is, a lot of people do love him. And they walk among us.

No fear, now he’s capitalizing on the situation and enacting a complete immigration ban. That ought to do it. If not, phase 3: kick all non-white people out of the country.

7 Likes

You’re a mean one, Mr. Trump.
You really are a heel.
You’re as cuddly as a cactus,
You’re as charming as an eel,
Mr. Trump.

The three best words that best describe you
Are as follows, and I quote:
“Stink
Stank
Stunk!”

8 Likes

…and Europe’s response was so worthy?

It was “unfair” as pointed out above US travellers could come from hot zones without quarantine, and initially countries with trump resorts were not part of the order. It was pure theatre.

The west should have been paying attention to Asian responses. Instead docile westerners are busy criticising Asian responses rather than their own governments’.

7 Likes

The definition of “confirmation bias.” – “I’ve asked Rudy, Rush, Don Jr. and Ivanka, you know, a lot of people.”

4 Likes

I think this is the part that has people’s heads spinning, though. With Reagan you had a smile out of a Hollywood Western selling you home-spun ideas about how to run a government. Now we have many of the same evils and worse, but they tell you how evil they are right to your face. People wonder why that appeals to 40%+ voters.

17 Likes

Reagan took out the Soviet Union with a couple of jokes. Trump gave away a burdening country with one order.
Reagan was better.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ads, ethics, and subscriptions revisited

… I guess I’m here for a reason.

Mr. Not-My-President, you are there because an assortment of 80,000 racists, misogynists, and Xtian dominionists spread across three states were enough to hand you the electoral college.

You’ve been able to stay there by providing a steady drip of xenophobia and cruelty for your base, and by periodically spiking the economy with tax cuts and low interest speedballs.

That’s over now. Now, the country needs compassion, leadership, and intelligence, and you have none of those things. Instead, you have blood on your hands and no amount of hate-mongering and disinformation will wash it away before November. You’re right for once - there are reasons why you’re there. In November, you’ll be gone from there for reasons too - 42,364 reasons and counting.

9 Likes

Let’s see. There’s Donald Trump, John Barron, John Miller, Carolin Gallego and David Dennison.

Does that count as a lot of people? Five is probably a big number to count for Trump.

15 Likes

I love how the counter argument is that he said it for the last election, not this upcoming one, as if that makes it OK.

5 Likes
15 Likes