Trump running Facebook ads asking people to attend inauguration

That biased CNN is lying about the crowd sizes. Look at these [questionable] photos that PROVE this was the biggest attendance in history. [insert insults directed towards randomly selected journalists]

6 Likes

I saw that he was the most unpopular in at least 40 years - I’m guessing there just isn’t polling going further back?

How popular was Gerry Ford? I guess the circumstances of his taking office were a little odd.

1 Like

A Bruce Springsteen cover band did, out of respect to Bruce Springsteen and his music, but maybe Trump can get a cover band of a cover band to show up. Maybe it’s cover bands all the way down.

7 Likes

I don’t imagine John Tyler’s inauguration was packed.

They still have the Mike Love version of the Beach Boys (in Texas). They’re basically a cover band.

5 Likes

To be fair to working musicians, being in a cover band is a good way to make some scratch while you’re waiting for your REAL band to go big!

6 Likes

He’s the least popular incoming president since polling started. Ford’s an odd case since he never had an inauguration, though his average polling was higher than Carter or Truman:

Given his incompetence, narcissism, and greed I expect we’ll see a new historic lowest average with Trump.

10 Likes

Yeah, about that…

That’s right. The man who ran for the Presidency based on his ability to close a deal was not able to successfully book a Bruce Springsteen cover band.

19 Likes

Dread Zeppelin?

9 Likes

Let’s wait and see what happens.

I remember people predicting that he would lose the election too.

1 Like

Yeah, perhaps Moscow will fly in a crowd for him?

7 Likes

It’s one thing to hire enough actors to fill the lobby of his building when he announced he was running, quite another to hire enough to give him Obama-like crowds on inauguration day. But that’s exactly the kind of idiocy a narcissist would blow millions of dollars on.

11 Likes

If only a certain senior drumpf had pulled out…

7 Likes

4 Likes

The president with the lowest opinion polling was Truman, at 22%. I’ve also heard that George W Bush had had the highest and lowest approval ratings of any president, at 90% and 22% respectively, but at his lowest he was basically tied with Truman.

However, Trump is polling lower during inauguration than any other president so far.

7 Likes

Back of the line with that joke, pal!

5 Likes

It was a “cover” joke.

15 Likes

Front of the line with that joke, pal!

Seriously, just go right up front, we need people in the first few rows for the cameras. Just take any chair, they’re all available.

13 Likes

He’s the least talented and the douchiest of the Beach Boys. I’m sure there are Beach Boys cover bands that do much better.

2 Likes

I think Trump has a similar group of true believers. But as before the election I still think they’re conspicuously small. I mean he lost the popular vote by a pretty ridiculous number of votes. Never truly lined up his whole party etc. I think if he pisses off everyone who isn’t a hard core Trumpist, or even most, he’ll be in pretty dire straights. And frankly I really would have thought the white nationalists were in the hardcore, never abandon him camp.

2 Likes