Trump told Russians in Oval Office that Comey's firing relieved "great pressure," called FBI director "nut job"

tRUMp. I think you have it covered. Keep it simple, like his intellectual capacity.

1 Like

I would call it the “How dare you catch me!” defense, but yeah.

7 Likes

I had suggested in early 2016 that maybe a president Trump would be the acid trip America needs to take; but I didn’t mean this many mics.

3 Likes

Add some ginger beer and I’ll happily come over!

Dark & stormy, improved via impeachment!

4 Likes

I would like to think people are better than that BUT, Here lately I’ve started to see wisdom in this quote:

8 Likes

Right on brother.

Where’s a guy saying, “Stay away from the orange acid!” when you need him?

(Looking at the BB write-up’s top photo has me feeling a bit like I dropped some bad orange barrel…that guy 2nd from the left looks scarily like the genetic combination of Richard Nixon and Cab Calloway.)

4 Likes

I rather suspect this is an attempt from the GOP to get rid of Orange Groper. Whichever agreement they struck (“we let you run, and you sign everything we say with no questions”) is not worth being painted as “the party of Russian puppets”, they’d be much happier with Pence at the helm - a straightforward ultraconservative who knows which fork to use, without all the Trump baggage.

Expect the bad “executive decisions” to continue unabated, followed by big leaks like this one. For all his fuckwittery, Trump is actually a simple guy - a boaster. He just says what he thinks will get the best reaction from his immediate audience, with no forethought or planning; he’s just a big mouth. Whenever he tries to scheme, everyone can instantly read him like a book. He has lost all the significant battles on staffing, where you need real insider skills. After all, this guy inherited and squandered a fortune before reinventing himself as a cheap entertainer; he didn’t rise through the ranks, he doesn’t actually have any idea of how to play a game where everyone around him has a knife ready. This is why he’s so obsessed with “loyalty”, he knows that real political operatives are on another level and can play him like a fiddle. In his regular life he had employees he could force trust on; but politics is a different world.

When it came to firing Comey, I bet there were plenty of GOPers who were egging him on while having the NYT on speed-dial… when he says “everyone hated him” I bet he believes it, I bet someone told him some bullshit just to trigger him.

6 Likes

I like it. Mull a couple mint leaves in with the peach, sort of like a mint julep - t-rum-peach-mint.

1 Like

And now he’s on his first official overseas trip there are going to be umpteen opportunities for him to act like himself and alienate and piss off multiple countries face-to-face.

3 Likes

The New Yorker published yesterday, “The Single Greatest Witch Hunt in American History, For Real”, (The Single Greatest Witch Hunt in American History, for Real | The New Yorker).*

*It isn’t about Trump.

7 Likes

Hearted for the Oglaf.

And that’s solely because the BBS doesn’t have a more appropriate penis graphic to use.

2 Likes

What about cucks?

3 Likes

it’s understandable, great pressure on the nuts can make you do all sorts of stupid things.

Unofficial report - Russian version of transcript.
May contain errors. Google translate - this your friend.

Лавров: Привет Доналд, как у вас дела?
Трамп: Очень хорошо, спасибо.
Лавров: Cкажите мне пожалуйста, почему Вы уволили Комэй?
Трамп: Он знал слишком.
Лавров: Доналд, все главы ФБИ знают слишком. У них работа.

While this is amusing right now, I worry for when Trump&co decide war is the traditional way of whipping up a patriotic fury supporting the leader.

4 Likes

Actually, as jtiii said, that was the US voter. The rest I agree with.

1 Like

And I’m sure that the peoples of the few… dozen countries Americans have been busily, ah, engineering democracy in will chip in to buy Lavrov[1] a box of chocolates at the very least.

[1] Who celebrated a birthday while wearing one of his gifts: a t-shirt that says “Who won’t talk to Lavrov, will talk to Shoygu.” Shoygu is the distinguished gentleman trying to kill you with his eyes in this picture:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Official_portrait_of_Sergey_Shoigu.jpg
Russian Minister of Defense, d’you see.

Trump is just the kind of joke the Russian sense of humor (which tends towards the grim) finds hilarious.

3 Likes

Pot calling kettle black. Give him enough rope to hang himself. I am not a crook. Two scoops! How many cliches can I use before I get tired?

:sob: :joy::facepalm: