Trump: 'We’re getting your husbands back to work'

If clicking on something only to see a whole pile of copied tweets and replies isn’t your think, don’t click through on Xeni’s posts. They’re mostly like that.

3 Likes

Ah the good old days, rock on the radio, fins on cars, and segregation. /s

5 Likes

You, too?

(he says as he leans against the refrigerator door to prevent the toddler from sneaking treats)

1 Like

One of the few things I follow on Twitter is 70’s Dinner Party

1 Like

Reminds me of the jokes about vintage South African white whine.

5 Likes

Yeah, I remembered reading about his lightbulb obsession. And his flush obsession.

4 Likes

I asked my nesting partner, a Dragon, who turned to me and asked “What…? Can you give me some context here, sweetie?” It’s actually very difficult to get her to eat vegetables, so I shouldn’t be too surprised.

4 Likes

Will he send buses?

2 Likes
1 Like

Yeah, this was another case where 45 messed up with a lot of people who don’t fit into his fantasy of the '50s:

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-02-14/the-state-of-american-households-smaller-more-diverse-and-unmarried

6 Likes

Perhaps you missed the pun on South African white whine, as in white South Africans whining about how the country has gone to the dogs now that apartheid is over.

Yeah, missed the h, but the thought that white in your statement had a double meaning did actually occur to me, but as always, after I posted. Sigh.

1 Like

Oh, that’s easy. You just have to watch for cars…

2 Likes

Because they don’t want to succeed?

8 Likes

I’ve seen some of those cookbooks, and the accompanying photography was also a problem; nothing ever looked appetizing.

5 Likes
  • Why not working now? Maybe b/c fentanyl.

• “Doc, after my hand surgery, will I be able to play piano?”
    “I don’t see why not.”
    “Great! I never could before!”

• “Mr President, will I be able to go to a job?”
    “Hell yes!”
    “Great! I never had a job before!”

• Some of the worst pre-Chez-Panisse cookbooks I’ve seen were Protestant church-lady productions. Methodist Women’s Group recipes gagged me. Think of it as divine punishment.

2 Likes

This gives me another opportunity to link to the old web: Lileks gallery of regrettable food

Some mind blowing shit on there all photographed in lurid colours. I don’t really know if people actually ate this stuff, but when I looked up that “salad” it fits right in here.

7 Likes

Ah snap! Truly a resource for amazement.

1 Like

I think the internet may have peaked with that website (present company excluded, of course).

3 Likes