Trump wears goggles but no mask on Arizona PPE factory tour

He doesn’t want a mask he used to ‘get out’ and make it on the news. Stained yucky orange.

4 Likes

Well he is buddies with Peter Thiel who believes that the blood of teh youts will keep him young, so maybe Thiel has cooked something up for him.

5 Likes

Jeebus, what a freaking idiot.

5 Likes

Which then raises the issue of why they aren’t all wearing them. Also, hard hats and masks were apparently mandatory there, and…

4 Likes

Your comment suddenly reminded me of this oldie but goodie:

7 Likes

True for most homemade masks.
The ‘95’ after ‘N’ or ‘P’ (for atmospheres carrying aerosolized oil <!>) indicates the efficacy at the micron level. ‘95’ has been deemed adequate to stop this virus, if the mask is properly fitted and worn correctly! I was fortunate to score the last 5 P-100’s from our local safety equipment store. Where you’d shop for a large orange-red fabric sign that’s lettered “One lane ahead. Prepare to stop.” Big league safety equipment!

5 Likes

Trump hates OSHA because he’s responsible for OSHAMACARE.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. Trust science. Darwin won bro still does. Be chill

The false negative rate is somewhere between 10 and 30%, so relying on testing of others to protect yourself is somewhat risky.

3 Likes

I assumed that the goggles were just a regular bit of Health and Safety for VIPs visiting the factory floor. You don’t want some visitor loosing an eye while glad handing around your premises. Meanwhile, the workers are all fitted with mask to protect them from the interlopers.

3 Likes

If this is the hill of idiocy he chooses to die on, so be it.

3 Likes

Cool shades guy picks up a WIP mask with ungloved hands - then puts in back in the box of WIP.

And this is a healthcare supplier?

5 Likes

His heart was never an open book.

1 Like

And the sound system has “LIve and Let Die” playing as he’s touring!

2 Likes

To what extant do the masks worn by workers keep the masks being made sterile? I don’t think those are sold as sterile, but if they were, not wearing masks around them would invalidate that.

2 Likes

Came here specifically for that.

3 Likes

A visual representation via the Simpsons

4 Likes

Well he doesn’t deserve “Hail to the Chief”

… along with a snorkel and swim fins.

The safety glasses are easy to explain- that’s mandatory for anyone on a shop floor for any reason, or any amount of time. Nothing “VIP” or “COVID” about that. Set foot in any shop (including mine) in the country, and you will get handed safety glasses.

Endangering the workers by not wearing masks? I can’t explain that.

2 Likes