Trump's Ban Targeting Muslims Suspended by Federal Judge, Refugee Deportation Barred

Oh that’s just hunky dory. People who have a right to be in the USA, who’ve built their lives here with children and jobs and spouses will just be imprisoned for who knows how long.

That’s just great.

/sarc

13 Likes

I did.

3 Likes

Really, fuck Donald Trump. He doesn’t understand the country he’s supposed to be leading.

14 Likes

Because the whole thing was a clusterfuck from the start - besides being illegal, the executive order apparently wasn’t translated into any sort of coherent policy, so it sounds like a bunch of people at various levels of the government took it upon themselves to interpret what it would mean in action and did that, without making sure it was legal first, etc. It’s weird how easily everything falls apart when the administration doesn’t care about norms and does their own thing.

But he’s asked not to be paid anything - because that’s how selfless our Great Leader is! (Not that the salary would begin to pay for the costs of this, much less a day’s worth of the extra expenses for keeping his residence in Trump Tower, nor the cost to shuttle him there, once.)

Sure, he explicitly exempted people from Muslim countries where he has business interests from this policy. So not a Muslim ban!

18 Likes

Seems like the police aren’t liking the protests at SeaTac.

14 Likes

First they bomb the shit out of several countries, destabilize them, fund a bunch of crazy terrorists and when people start fleeing the bloodshed the US turns them away so that other countries have to deal with it.

9 Likes

They’re using Battle in Seattle tactics. The cops won’t last very long until the anarchists tire themselves out. And even then, how many lives are the cops willing to risk on their own side in the service of making themselves look like the Stasi.

4 Likes

Apparently there’s 10K people there? Waiting for detained people to be released?

I’ve just been watching this livestream. Seems calm right now…

1 Like

Meanwhile pro-Trump adverts air on CNN … what the hell?

http://i.mobypicture.com/user/TommieWho/view/19658450

4 Likes

Who the hell would want to support tRump?

The only people I can think of are either morons, the terminally stupid, those of low intelligence who were tricked during the election, and people with so much money they have become fucking goblins who don’t care about anyone else, along with the sociopaths and psychopaths who simply aren’t able to feel empathy. Like sharks and lizards.

11 Likes

That’s not an ad, it’s asking for donations. Which is actually even more deplorable.

17 Likes
12 Likes

The US is officially a dictatorship now, right?

19 Likes

This. And non-Muslims from the countries on the list are also excluded banned. So, totally not racist. :clap:

Also all home countries of the 9/11 terrorists are excluded. Well I’m not surprised, I read Bin Laden’s brother was a tenant in Trump Tower once.

7 Likes

The US public need to demand he take a salary, as a reminder of who he works for. If he wants to then donate it to charity, or give it to the IRS, or have little bonfires on the Whitehouse lawn, that’s fine. But take the damn money.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/donald-trump-salary-george-washington-214458

20 Likes

The DHS press release does say, “The Department of Homeland Security will comply with judicial orders…”

3 Likes

Oh goody. I’m traveling to the US next weekend. I wonder if they’ll let me in.

Edit: to Suffolk, VA, if anyone can suggest any good places to eat/things to do in the evening?

1 Like

How this is being reported down under:

20 Likes

Yeah, at the bottom. The top says that they will go on with the bannings which goes against the orders.

5 Likes

15 Likes