Trump's Ban Targeting Muslims Suspended by Federal Judge, Refugee Deportation Barred

tRump doesn’t think. It hates.

And the dumb part is, it doesn’t even know that hating real humans makes them hate it.

5 Likes

Not just vote, but run.

2 Likes

And this will last only until Trump manages to pack someone with similar views to himself onto the Supreme Court.

This is a good time to ask if anyone is still saying the two parties “are the same”?

Does anyone on Earth think a Democratic President would be banning muslims, or nominating a SCOTUS justice to aid him with this policy?

21 Likes

I think he’s a bit angry

4 Likes

So how far into Trump’s term will we see the first violent law enforcement on law enforcement clash?

8 Likes

The first? Only in the context of doing background checks on everyone. Doing it based on religion is unconstitutional in many states, possibly at SCOTUS level. The second? Both parties absolutely do that. Although it’s obvious one side is trying its hardest to make it illegal for people from the other to vote in an election. While the other side is more focused on making voting easier for all the citizens with that right.

5 Likes

Safe to say Bannon and co. knew this would never hold up but went ahead with it so when some nutjob kills people they can use it as a means to avoid blame, justify their bullshit and attack anyone who opposed them.

12 Likes

That’s just normal political SOP. The idea is that the sociopaths and psychopaths who want to be politicians fight one another without actual weapons while the small number of politicians who are in it for public service get things done. The problem is that these days the Internet ensures that the crazies find out what’s going on and try to stop it. I actually think too much publicity in some areas of government harms democracy.

1 Like

I see why you’re throwing ‘cuck’ around, but I don’t think it’s a good move; there aren’t anywhere near enough folks who use the term who are going to read your posts to justify tainting yourself like that.

5 Likes

Hmm why not force all those Brown people to have some kind of special ID or wear a marker, a green crescent perhaps? Makes it easier to single them out for deportation.

4 Likes

If he keeps this shit up he will be out within the year, and nobody who worked for the administration will be able to work in domestic lobbying for 5 years (because of a new executive order), and none will be able to lobby for foreign powers ever. Best case scenario, really.

8 Likes

The claim is that it’s “Xtreme Vetting” (which sounds like pimp my ride limited to American muscle cars) - and extreme vetting has secret rules that are tighter than the several year long resident alien process.

What an asshat he is.

7 Likes

I really think he’d need three or four appointments (or to expand the court by several members) to get the SCOTUS to go along with turning away green card holders.

5 Likes

I recently mentioned that Iranian citicens are being held back at the Vienna airport. Now I have a video (in English), it makes me frankly sick to my stomach and cry quite a bit.

Edit: this was the LA airport. My point still stands.

6 Likes

I have to say, as a European I’ve been humbled by the reaction to this order. Ordinary Americans, faced with a tyrannical government, are standing up. This warms my old cynical heart to no end. I hope we will muster the same decency when Trump’s Girlfriend tries to pull similar stunts over here.

In the meantime, chapeau, progressive Americans. You’re making your Founding Fathers proud.

29 Likes

I’m a card-carrying member of the dreaded ACLU, but just threw some extra money their way this morning. The site was overwhelmed last night, so I’d imagine I’m not the only one. The big orange goon and his bigot henchman did a lot to remind Americans how critical this organisation is.

Here’s the donation page. Took me less than a minute. They take user privacy very seriously and don’t share your e-mail with other charities.

13 Likes

There’s a chance that some of the current conservative justices aren’t psychopaths and could surprise us. An advantage of a lifetime appointment is that there’s no reason for them to go along with the zeitgeist of the party that gave them their seat on the bench. Stephens for example was a Nixon appointee, yet retired as the most liberal of bunch.

11 Likes

He filed the paperwork to run in 2020 5 hours after being inaugurated.

5 Likes

Yes, but that is a tactic to prevent nonprofits criticising his current presidency - they lose their tax exempt status if they campaign against Trump.

12 Likes

I’m sticking with my prediction that he will claim he has been treated unfairly - will call himself a victim and not run again.

2 Likes