Trump's NABJ meltdown: Orange snowflake roasted by Black journalists

As my multiracial son said last night, “Apparently, according to T***, I don’t exist!” :rage:

19 Likes

As long as he does, fine by me.

7 Likes

merkin von bankrupt is a demented, repulsive piece of shit. He has neither consciousness nor conscience.

12 Likes

As a political opportunity, Trump’s behavior and words were absolute WTF. Blew a slim chance to present himself in a better way to a certain audience.

OTOH, he’s so sure of himself and his success, he doesn’t care what they think because in his mind they’ll all be silenced or in camps by February.

In a way he was coming into their den and pissing all over the place. Imagine the cajones it takes to repeatedly talk-down to a peoples who invite you to speak at their church or temple or mosque … to call them stupid and sheep, to say they are the worst… to put his piousness above theirs.

Shocking, and scary. There’s no deeper meaning to this guy, he’s exactly who he presents himself as. :poop:

10 Likes

:100:

Some political analysts/pundits were saying earlier in the week “well it looks like he’s not doing so much DARVO since he got shot at” [or words to that effect]… and oooooops! here he spent part of his stage time leaning hard on the ol’ DARVO.

Such an important piece of true journalism.
Hell yeah: check his receipts.

It’s something that John Oliver does too–the playbacks of actual clips and quotes, the recitation of IRL examples and then the gaslighting of same–and he gets… accused… of doing journalism. Oh, in the early days of his show he always begged off that he was still doing comedy, but after years of whatever the heck his show does do, it’s good enough and important enough to be recognized 27 times officially:

I couldn’t be happier that the brave NABJ journalists who platformed CrazyOrangeFelon knew going in it was going to be a shitshow and had the guts to go through with it anyway. It was a considered move. And it highlighted so much about why he should never hold power again, not to mention be held accountable and spend time in jail.

I hope every U.S.ian who plans on voting in November sees this event.

Let there be light.

27 Likes

Apparently Harris’ response came during an address to my sorority sisters in Houston, during our boule:

EEEEEEE-Yipppppp!

27 Likes

That’s not the impression I got from the video of the conference panel. Did you watch it? He was shaken. He was on his back foot, off balance. His insults were perfunctory, like he was going through the motions on instinct rather than his usual blind confidence.

16 Likes

yeah, considering his people made sure it didn’t start on time, and then ended it early. that was not a man doing well

14 Likes

“Ja-eena” [China]
“They’re killin’ us” [usually follows the previous, so maybe these ought to be one Bingo square, or at least not adjacent]

6 Likes

I thought he was actually Scottish in a major degree.

The Scots hate his guts, btw, because of the usual lying shit way he grifted into his two golf course resorts in Scotland.

11 Likes

Trump’s mother was Scottish.

8 Likes

Scottish mother, German father. His father said his family was Swedish as being German was not popular post Hitler.

7 Likes

Scotland Nope, she moved to America, she’s n Amurican… no-takes-backsies!!!

Germany HE WASN’T EVEN BORN IN THIS COUNTRY!!

15 Likes

Their very public opinions are a thing to behold:

(I had to remove the image links to the article because they broke on posting, but here’s a pulled detail from one:)

bampot

The images in the article are but a tiny sample, surely.

28 Likes

Shit-Gibbon is still a fav of mine…

18 Likes

The most unfortunate result of this fiasco is that Trump’s antics brought intense scrutiny on to the NABJ convention – a professional conference that provides information and resources to a marginalized group. CNN, CSPAN and PBS livestreamed the panel, and after 10 days of the Harris campaign successfully dominating the news, the conversation has now shamefully pivoted into rightwing talking points about Harris’s racial background. Instead of talking about her platform and policies, we are now in a media circus litigating racial purity. The talk was a victory for a Trump campaign that seeks to conquer via constant confusion and deflection

:thinking:

a lot dont see it that way;

“Trump came into our home, a Black Press advocacy convention, and insulted us in our face. What is worse he was invited to do this by NABJ leadership. Shame!”

Karen Attiah, who stepped down as co-chair of this year’s NABJ convention in response to Trump’s invitation… Raquel Willis, an author who shared previously that she is boycotting the NABJ, wrote: “Destroyed your organization’s credibility and FOR WHAT?!”

seems like a lot of collateral damage was done with the invitation.

6 Likes

Mine is:

31 Likes

Well, of course not; Black people are not a monolith.

We contain multitudesjust like everybody else.

23 Likes

I dont argue that. its just…damage was done which could have been avoided if drumpf wasnt invited. everybody already knew what he would say because he already said it over and over again; there was nothing meaningful to gain.

I can see the case for not allowing him the platform but the NABJ has always invited both major party candidates to their event. It’s not like the organizers were just looking for a zany new way to pump up their TV ratings.

15 Likes