Trump's NABJ meltdown: Orange snowflake roasted by Black journalists

What “damage?”

I would have preferred they hadn’t invited him to begin with, but the rationale for that decision has already been given.

As far as I am concerned, the only palpable “damage” done was to 45’s opportunity to pretend he’s somehow not a flaming bigot who cant control his worst impulses.

23 Likes

I think a lot of damage was done, but it was done by (two of) the excellent journalists of the NABJ to TFG’s image. He looked like an absolute fool, completely out of his depth. So much so that Fox News and the f*wits on Truth Social couldn’t ignore it.

ETA: @Melizmatic

Coca Cola Coke GIF by Coca-Cola Oficial

23 Likes

Seen this over at Crooks and Liars

SEAN HANNITY (HOST): Tell us, from your perspective, because it seemed hostile, but on the other hand, maybe I didn’t hear the crowd right. And you can bring us in the room. I heard a lot of people cheering for Donald Trump, am I wrong?

HARRIS FAULKNER: No, you’re not wrong; I mean, there were people who were, you know, he’s funny, so there were people who were listening closely enough to catch some of his humor and to laugh at that.

18 Likes

I would argue that drumpf is not a “normal” candidate; he is a convicted felon and some more, as we all know.

1 Like

loss of trust by many in the NABJ maybe? I dont know, you tell me, I just read these two articles and thought about it. I dont want to spread here any bias or disregard anything you wrote in this thread.

He’s only funny to other evil AF white bigots.

14 Likes

Somebody has trouble telling the difference between being laughed with and being laughed at.

14 Likes

du-uh

5 Likes

True, but someone has also sold their soul. Two someones in this case.

8 Likes

:thinking:

I guess my community will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Seems to me, that everyone has bigger problems to worry about in the meanwhile.

How kind of you.

13 Likes

Yeah,
Birb SWTF

8 Likes

His invitation is largely being laid at the feet of Harris Faulkner, a NABJ board member and RWNJ. So I don’t think that aspect is hurting NABJ’s reputation. Instead, their interview with him is being held up as a model for how (non-corrupted) media should interview him. Fuck access, serve the truth!

25 Likes

That’s the gain that I see; all across the internet, people are quipping, “They should have been treating him like this the whole time!”

After such a ceaseless flow of unchecked bullshit over so many years, it’s about damn time…

32 Likes

There were reasonable and passionate arguments made on both sides of the “should we break with tradition and disinvite the Republican candidate this year” question, and I can see where both were coming from.

As far as the “this was a huge win for Trump because now everyone is just questioning Harris’ racial purity” position goes, I’m going with “respectfully disagree.”

20 Likes

And between the hashtags #whendidyouturnBlack and #Whendidtrumpturnorange T*** is getting duly roasted for the racism he displayed.

19 Likes

That’s not a position, it’s a petty-ass low effort distraction, the same old tired schtick.

18 Likes

I’m in the disrespectfully disagree camp, seeing as no respect is being given to any of us.

11 Likes

yes! exactly. and it worked often enough. very hopefully not anymore.

9 Likes

14 Likes