Trump's NABJ meltdown: Orange snowflake roasted by Black journalists

opinion doesn't matter

10 Likes

The NABJ interview could have been disastrous for the NABJ and I think they need to reassess their standards on listening to their own members. But what actually went down. Well, those Black journalists showed everyone how it was done. They were excellent.
Trump thinking he’s going to keep repeating the line about Harris’s racial identity and gain followers or even just be funny, that amuses me greatly. Everyone who isn’t sniffing his farts understands that audience was mocking him and putting his racism front and center is all to the good.

21 Likes

Possible but not very plausible, IMPO.

They chose to go with tradition, and the outcome, while expected, did not work in 45’s favor.

As a biracial person myself, it strikes a resonant cord with me as well.

Just very recently someone questioned my intersectionality, questioning my habit of discussing race as if I am somehow not well within my rights, or as if I don’t bring a valid perspective to such conversations.

21 Likes

I’m surprised there isn’t more discussion of his term “Black jobs” and his panicked realization, a rare moment of real clarity, when asked to say what that meant that saying it out loud would make him look even worse.

There was clear outrage from the audience over him dodging that question.

19 Likes

Yeah, ha ha fucking ha. It’s hysterical.

I mean, it’s not like anything major is at stake here.

We don’t need bothsidesism nor whataboutery.

We’ve been through this shit before, and we know what it means.

32 Likes

Essentially he’s denying the possibility for someone to be multi-ethnic and/or multi-racial. In his world, everyone has to be homogenous.

Is he going to go back his birtherism roots and start claiming Obama isn’t Black?

16 Likes

FFS

cwaa

Bonus:

31 Likes

TIL a Wonderful Thing! :ok_hand:

18 Likes

More than glad to be of service, Sugarplum!

13 Likes

The only thing crushed is his single brain cell left. No wonder the assassination attempt didn’t work. The bullet flied through the empty void between his ears. He can’t utter a sentence without insult someone. Guy is a prime example of “growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.”

9 Likes

Or how in his world Black people have jobs, not careers.

17 Likes

I don’t understand why someone would think anyone here on BB would have the slightest bit of interest in what pseudo-journalist race traitors have to say.

merkin von bankrupt is a fascist. F.A.S.C.I.S.T. There, I even spelled it out.

11 Likes

I was curious as to who wrote the Grauniad article, wringing their hands over the NABJ’s tragic misstep (/s). Here she is:

Shamira Ibrahim is a Brooklyn-based culture writer by way of Harlem, Canada, and East Africa, who explores identity, cultural production and technology via a race critical code framework as a critic, reporter, feature/profile writer, and essayist – with a particular emphasis on francophone accessibility in the anglophone Black diaspora.

I’ll admit I was expecting a David-Brooks-like trolley. But, you know, multitudes.

7 Likes

Lily white immigrants are fine, it’s those other folks who aren’t welcome.

Mother, Father, God, I can’t believe the shit that’s going on in my country in the 21st Century, FFS!
tophat-angry

man-weeping

14 Likes

An odd way to spell race traitor.

5 Likes

Aye; ‘the multitudes’ we contain includes tokens, opportunists and self hating Black folks too.

14 Likes

I must confess I’m actually ok with that.
(Sorry, Sweden!)

15 Likes

It doesn’t have to be that cut-and-dried. People are more complicated than that. When we make bold decisions (like protesting a decision our colleagues and friends make) it has a very human stickiness. Even if it turns out our protest was meaningless or even wrong, our instinct is to defend it, to double down. It doesn’t make it right or make it better, but it is spectacularly human.

The difference between generally good people and generally bad people is whether, in time, we can own the mistake and course-correct or just keep amplifying the error.

23 Likes

You, sir, are a Gentleman, and I’ll fight anyone who disagrees.

15 Likes

Happy Snow White GIF by Disney

15 Likes