Trump's VP pick widens the ideological gap

He sees this as his opportunity to be America’s Hitler

14 Likes

… it’s Hitlers all the way down :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I am really glad that he did not choose Marco Rubio because Rubio would probably have helped his chances. Vance is not going to bring any voters to the Trump camp, not even in Ohio.

10 Likes

Trump doesn’t want someone who complements him, he only wants someone who compliments him. He knows more about everything than anyone, so there’s no point in picking someone with experience, or knowledge. So he picked what he thinks is a guy in his image, someone who knows how to make money and who also wrote a best seller. He’s also not good looking or tall, so, bonus.

14 Likes

Trump did not pick Vance because of policy alignment. All of the “candidates “ on the short list were already aligned. Trump picked Vance because of the money he brings to Trump and/or Vance was the one who debased himself the most to please and praise Trump. All the other candidates fell behind on one or the other. Note that the money is not necessarily what Vance personally brings, but the money his supporters bring, such as Thiel, Koch, etc.

12 Likes

And, not surprisingly…

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/15/us/politics/elon-musk-trump-super-pac.html

[Archive]

Some of Elon Musk’s closest friends have helped start a new super PAC meant to help former President Donald J. Trump, creating an avenue for Mr. Musk and his $250 billion fortune to potentially play a significant role in the 2024 presidential race.

The group, America PAC, is likely to draw support from Mr. Musk, according to three people close to the group who spoke on the condition of anonymity; it is not confirmed whether he has already donated. The group’s founding donors span Mr. Musk’s social circle and include a tight-knit network of wealthy tech entrepreneurs who frequently finance one another’s startups, philanthropic projects and favored political candidates.

One of the leaders of the PAC is Thiel’s co-founder at Palantir.

16 Likes
8 Likes
29 Likes

lowest bar ever

22 Likes

And yet…

19 Likes

Just for that headline.

17 Likes

“Waiter! I clearly specified I wanted them medium rare!

8 Likes

On the plus side, Vance somehow made time to write all those kind of cool SF/Fantasy novels about the Dying Earth, so he isn’t all bad.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Prediction of inevitable followup: “But the leopards weren’t supposed to eat my face, weeps man who was nominated VP by the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party.”

15 Likes

… hungry leopards

10 Likes

Maybe someone should set up a meeting between JD and Pence soonest. I think they’re going to end up having a lot to talk about.

14 Likes

That’s petty and stupid enough that I could believe that’s why Trump picked Vance.

19 Likes

“Burned Monkey Testicle”

Band Name!

Their cover of The Animals’ “We Gotta Get Out Of This Place” is surprisingly heartfelt.

20 Likes

Untitled

I need that pseudo-scientific crap like I need a bump on the head.

21 Likes