Tumblr of tweets from Trump supporters who regret voting for Trump

As far as I’m concerned, the media moguls you’re talking about, and Murdoch is at the top of the dung heap in my opinion, have built this wall of disinformation for so long that it’s going to require some really horrendous things to happen to get enough people to realize their mistake.

So many people have overlooked the crap Trump has done either because they’re alright with it or because they still think Clinton was worse (and to be clear, they would have had replacements for “but the emails” for Sanders like “but he’s a ‘commie’”). They’re going to need a lot of convincing to not overlook it when the deficit goes up or the increases in economic growth don’t benefit the middle class or the biggest tax breaks seem to go to the people who could afford the biggest campaign contributions. They’ll just keep saying, “obviously he knows what he’s doing, he’s rich” without realizing the reason he’s rich is, in business, he tended to screw the people like the ones who voted for him.

In the mean time, all this “you voted for him, you have to live with it” and “serves them right” will end up hurting a lot more than the people who voted for him

10 Likes

See, I don’t think these tweets represent much of a backlash agains tRump - they’re getting mad about things he did on the campaign trail; they put up with it then, they’ll continue to do so. I don’t think people will stop being angry, either - tRump wasn’t a relatively safe outlet, and now the anger is diminished. This wasn’t the least worst thing that could happen as a result of that anger - I fear it’s only the start of something much worse. tRump was a guy showing up with an incendiary device, and he has found himself in a place where setting it off will do the most damage. Cheeto Mussolini has got his own fake-news propaganda wing - you thought the fake news was bad before? Now it’s going to be part of official US government statements, and the basis for policy. He’ll be coming up with fake triumphs and scapegoats for his many, many failures. He can continue to stoke the anger and direct it at his opponents. (He is, already - his “victory tour” is still filled with chants of “lock her up,” demands to build the wall, and silence when he says anything that suggests he rejects hate. Cheeto Mussolini doesn’t like silence.) He’s now in a position to attack and limit the press, go after civil liberties groups, create a kleptocracy with long-lasting impacts on public infrastructure and the social safety net, etc. etc. He’s got the Congress and soon the Supreme Court behind him. His talk of voter fraud sets the stage for massive voter disenfranchisement efforts that could swing elections with a smaller and smaller percent of eligible voters, even if they do get wise to him. I expect that I will not live long enough to ever see this country recover from what he’ll do to it.

I’m not sure that’s entirely it, for the most part. They’re convinced Hillary is one of the worst criminals ever - a murderous child molester who gave away state secrets, etc., so not prosecuting her is shocking. They (for some, unknown reason) thought tRump would single-handedly reform the US government to stop lobbyists and special interests from setting policy… they’re starting to get some hints that’s not what’s going to happen. (Of course, these people are idiots, so it won’t be that hard for Cheeto Mussolini to spout some bullshit to convince them otherwise, I’m afraid.)

So far he’s modified it somewhat (but still going after the press, after Hillary), though the crowds are still shouting the same things, despite Cheeto Mussolini no longer backing the wall or prosecuting Hillary…

7 Likes

This would all be heehawlarious if those dumbasses didn’t saddle the rest of us with that dipshit for the next 4 years (and his “legacy” beyond that).

13 Likes

I wish Trump supporters had better grammar

5 Likes

I want those stupid fuckers to suffer, too, but countless millions of undeserving others are also going to suffer because of him and them, and that’s just in the United States.

12 Likes

Has another US president-elect had victory rallies? I can’t remember any, and maybe it’s happened, but a quick Google search for “post-election rally” only links to news of Trump or the stock market.

I’d imagine he had bigger fish to fry over the next few weeks, rather than to continue campaigning for an election that already happened.

7 Likes

Well, he’s also busy upsetting India and China, and planning a visit to the White House for that lovely guy from the Philippines.

10 Likes

I wish that of most people, regardless to political affiliation.

16 Likes

They will realize soon enough that he is as fake as the orange coating on Cheetos. And how bitter the taste will be.

5 Likes

Wow! Grammer CAN be sexy.

12 Likes

“…was wicked drunk…” I hope not this century; he’s been sober many years now, I think. This one did run for president though, as I recall. On the “life’s been good to me” platform.

1 Like

16 Likes

It seems like a dangerous game to campaign on stirring the rage of the disenfranchised, and then give them the finger. I wonder if Trump even makes it to his inauguration.

3 Likes

Yes. She can.

20 Likes

Have a great weekend everyone! Out.

10 Likes

19 Likes

2 Likes

“Free gas” IIRC.

1. I can’t help it
  2. I try to be nice about it
  3. I can’t help it
3 Likes